World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Opaque oscillation

Down for most the early openers: Kiwis -0.2%, Aussies -0.4%, Japan +0.1% and Sth Korea -0.3%.

Gold +3.1% is the only Aussie sector with a gain with the rest stagnating apart from Energy -1.6%.

Interesting that a heap of speculative stocks took off today.  I've got two up 100% and one up 50% for the day.  Unfortunately I paid much more but things are looking up!

All Ords

xao_1d.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/business/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords drifted down -0.4% with sectors ranging from Gold +4.5% down to Energy -1.5%.

Over in Asia, China +1.9%, Hong Kong +1%, Japan +0.5%, India currently +0.9%.

A green start for UK/Europe: FTSE +0.8%, DAX +0.4%, CAC +0.3%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

For all the ghouls out there, what BA stock is saying is what the media has not picked up yet. That is this crash is not connected to the cause of the Lion Air crash. In which case BA is sort of off the hook. That does not mean another flaw could not be responsible for the crash. I mean cripes this report is 8 hrs old and  because no 'expert' has told them what this means they can't figure it out for themselves.  If the below scenario is true about the smoke alone, then the controls issue from the previous crash is out of the picture.

OK, I cannot say that with 100% certainty but if this witness is correct then the damn thing was on fire and breaking apart before the crash. Eyewitnesses are actually awful in many cases and then sometimes they just make shit up.  

From CNN

"I was in the mountain nearby when I saw the plane reach the mountain before turning around with a lot of smoke coming from the back and then crashed at this site," said the 25-year-old, who was collecting firewood on the mountain with three other locals when it happened.

"It crashed with a large boom. When it crashed luggage and clothes came burning down.

"Before it crashed the plane was swerving and dipping with a lot of smoke coming from the back and also making a very loud unpleasant sound before hitting the ground."

12 minutes ago, MisFit Kid said:

and back to 2780

just force buy it higher for a couple of hours(with ETF's?)..........

schd.JPG

It's a gift. The big March opex is Friday.  I mean if we actually rally into it..... The end of month Treasury funding is going to be crushing, Right Lee?

Archived