Sign in to follow this  
aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Nomadic nuances

Rate this topic

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Quite a bearish day for a change.. All Ords closed -0.9% with sectors ranging from Gold +0.5% down to Financials -1.6%.

Some serious red in Asia: China -4.4%, Hong Kong -1.9%, Japan -2%, India currently -0.3%.

UK/Europe just opening: FTSE -0.7%, DAX and CAC -0.6%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Well obviously they are determined to sell this weakening economy thing.  I imagine some Fedheads will be on the wire today hinting that QT is going to end sooner than later. 

58 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Well obviously they are determined to sell this weakening economy thing.  I imagine some Fedheads will be on the wire today hinting that QT is going to end sooner than later. 

Yeah. I really have to wonder if this wasn't orchestrated. The number simply cannot be right.  

31 minutes ago, DrStool said:

The NFP number can't be right.  

To be perfectly  fair the huge gains last month could help account for the boffo withholding collections now.  Setting aside the accuracy of either report there are quite a few more people working which would explain the good tax receipts. 

I seriously doubt the numbers are honest, even by historical standards. They have to sell this slowdown thing hard and everyone is on board. 

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

To be perfectly  fair the huge gains last month could help account for the boffo withholding collections now. 

True. 

Every retiree I see is running out of money faster and faster and withdrawing money from retirement accounts faster and sooner so withholding taxes on that should be way up