World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Modulated mimicry

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

Draghi says Euro economy is weak, Duh.  ECB starting something, LTRO?

He also said negative interest rates were a total success. 

I tell you my market news feed is a laugh a minute.

Isnt that all bullish? Looks like the ECB opens the floodgates even wider. Again. Right?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fxfox said:

Isnt that all bullish? Looks like the ECB opens the floodgates even wider. Again. Right?

Just replacing loans coming due. No QE. Balance sheet stays flat.  

I had my eye on Draghi today as I knew he was going to deliver words. The real story was going to be about what the 'news' said about what his words mean.  The general take is that it was a "surprise" he thought the EU economies were so weak. How surprise is possible since for months now the 'news' has been selling weakness and the numbers have been weak, is beyond me.  

I suppose they were hoping that Draghi would surprise them with a strong printing program. I guess per Lee it's just stop the run off, nothing new.  

Up tomorrow the non farm payrolls.  If it is strong as it should be it will be fun watching the commentators tie themselves into knots since they have been selling weakness too. If ever there was a time for some blatant lies in a report tomorrow is it. Imagine the poor Fed trying to keep blabbing about "flexibility" as the jobs economy just hums along. 

Well it's all BS.  It's show me the money.  

It is all BS. And Trump has set a standard that the rest of the establishment thinks is the new normal. We've been gaslighted into an alternate reality where there is no reality. It's frightening.  

Archived