World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Ingrained idolatry

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 9th is the tenth anniversary of the bull market. Admittedly it may be over already if we don't get through the September high. For now however the story this week will be on the bull and I suppose the new age of permanent prosperity and growth.

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords rose +0.5% for the day led by IT +2.1% and Consumer Staples +1.2%.  Gold was down the most, -3.3%.

Over in Asia, China +1.1%, Hong Kong +0.5%, Japan +1%, India closed.

On to UK/Europe:

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

19 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Big negative divergence in the 5 day cycle oscillator as rally makes a new high but it needs to drop under 2800 for 5 day cycle sell signal. 

Done

Would be interesting if the market closes below Friday's low of 2787. Would be a key reversal day bar. A close below 2782, Thursday's low, would really be impressive. It would be like the bears making an end zone interception and making a 102 yard runback for a game winning touchdown. 

It's 50 years ago and I'm a kid in the customers' gallery at Walston and Co. All of the old traders around me are looking puzzled and asking each other, "Why are they selling? Was there some news?"

20 minutes ago, DrStool said:

It's 50 years ago and I'm a kid in the customers' gallery at Walston and Co. All of the old traders around me are looking puzzled and asking each other, "Why are they selling? Was there some news?"

Well it just goes to show you, You were a weird kid

I think the news is the trade deal is going to be impossible to sell as a winner for Dear Leader and it won't be signed till the end of the month.  They remove tariffs in exchange for maybe better rules to help our big banks and 'investors' in China. That isn't exactly what the base has been screaming for. That would be good news to me because we wouldn't have to hear about it anymore. 

China has maybe 100 million better educated harder workers than the US. Figure it out.

Archived