Sign in to follow this  
aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Endless eddies

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

Politicians making long winded speeches in support of well worn talking points and then overly general questions based upon well worn narratives.

Only two words to say about that........

dilly dilly.jpg

I didn't hear it myself but read on some live stream comment on Powell that he praised the 3% wage increase rate.  I will be shocked if this doesn't become a big topic soon.  This flies in the face of what every Fed chairman has said for 40 years. As politically palatable, and justifiable,  it may be the 'markets' are not going to be happy.

I remember well that Greenspan would repeat every time in the 90's when he testified that wage increases would be the one thing that would force him to be tight.  Amazingly the peoples representatives would nod their heads in support. Go figure. 

Of course stocks increasing 10% a year was not considered inflation.

7 hours ago, DrStool said:

Man have I been sick.  Worst case of respiratory infection- sinus infection/bronchitis in my life. Has gone on for weeks.  

Around 1 PM yesterday I ejected the colony and hive, including the queen.  It looked like a miniaturized model of the Irish countryside. 

Woke up this morning coughing at 4:30 AM.  That went on until 1:30, when I finally went to sleep sitting upright on the sofa. 

Feeling much better now, thanks.  Making chicken soup.   

Sorry to hear it.  No fun getting sick, but worse when on the road.  Glad you are on the mend now.

Bullet dodged by bears, one more day anyway. 

Take care of yourself Lee. Get to a doctor, somehow, and get some antibiotics.