World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Endless eddies

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords pulled back strongly today, -0.9% and all sectors were down led by IT -2.8%, Consumer Discretionary -2.3% and Miners/Telecomms -1%.

Over in Asia, China -0.7%, Hong Kong -0.6%, Japan -0.4%, India currently -0.4%.

UK/Europe just open and down heavily: FTSE -0.8%, DAX -0.4% and CAC -0.5%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Now I remember why I hate congressional hearings. On and on and on the pols drone. 

Here we go. The dual mandate,  Jobs, stable prices and a stable dollar. You probably think that is three but you are wrong.

As some know I have always proposed a Magic Pony mandate. That is all little girls should get their own magic pony, except a live one.

game2.jpg

Man have I been sick.  Worst case of respiratory infection- sinus infection/bronchitis in my life. Has gone on for weeks.  

Around 1 PM yesterday I ejected the colony and hive, including the queen.  It looked like a miniaturized model of the Irish countryside. 

Woke up this morning coughing at 4:30 AM.  That went on until 1:30, when I finally went to sleep sitting upright on the sofa. 

Feeling much better now, thanks.  Making chicken soup.   

34 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Now I remember why I hate congressional hearings. On and on and on the pols drone. 

Here we go. The dual mandate,  Jobs, stable prices and a stable dollar. You probably think that is three but you are wrong.

As some know I have always proposed a Magic Pony mandate. That is all little girls should get their own magic pony, except a live one.

game2.jpg

Jorma,

would you please be so kind and summarize the hearing of Colonel Poopwell? TIA.

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Man have I been sick.  Worst case of respiratory infection- sinus infection/bronchitis in my life. Has gone on for weeks.  

Around 1 PM yesterday I ejected the colony and hive, including the queen.  It looked like a miniaturized model of the Irish countryside. 

Woke up this morning coughing at 4:30 AM.  That went on until 1:30, when I finally went to sleep sitting upright on the sofa. 

Feeling much better now, thanks.  Making chicken soup.   

If you rarely take antibiotics get some. Don't know how.  

Travel especially international can stress the immune system, obviously.

I got called off my Powell testimony duty. Didn't miss  much I think, but he said wage increase of 3% was good. Off with his head.

One other thing at the start he went on and on about how banks have shown a rising preferance for holding reserves. Hmmmm I wonder if being paid 2.4% has something to do with that. I think this large 'demand' for reserves was in defense of its huge balance sheet. A back asswards way of looking at things as always.

2 hours ago, fxfox said:

Jorma,

would you please be so kind and summarize the hearing of Colonel Poopwell? TIA.

I got called off my duty but it was like always. Politicians making long winded speeches in support of well worn talking points and then overly general questions based upon well worn narratives.  

He does seem like a very nice guy who communicates with little of the obstrufications and absolute BS that has characterized the Chairmen for the 40 years they have been forced into the light. Of course he is wedded to the prevailing narratives so there is nothing to be learned.  I just thought he might slip up but the questioners steered him away from having to make any mistakes. They are Senators however. House members are more a rabble. The House is up tomorrow.

Archived