Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Endless eddies

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

 

All Ords pulled back strongly today, -0.9% and all sectors were down led by IT -2.8%, Consumer Discretionary -2.3% and Miners/Telecomms -1%.

Over in Asia, China -0.7%, Hong Kong -0.6%, Japan -0.4%, India currently -0.4%.

UK/Europe just open and down heavily: FTSE -0.8%, DAX -0.4% and CAC -0.5%.

 

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

  

  

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

 

 

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

  http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.fxstreet.com/news/fed-chair-jerome-powell-testimony-before-congress-live-stream-feb-26-201902261429

 

It isn't a high probability but there is some that this will be an important event in the stories that are told about the market.

 

 

Senator Crapo?  Who knew?  Very impressive he got elected with that name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BurntOnce said:

speaking of crap, economic indicators are rolling over.

Let's see. Withholding taxes exploded the last month and  the massive stock market rally will possibly goose those numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I remember why I hate congressional hearings. On and on and on the pols drone. 

Here we go. The dual mandate,  Jobs, stable prices and a stable dollar. You probably think that is three but you are wrong.

As some know I have always proposed a Magic Pony mandate. That is all little girls should get their own magic pony, except a live one.

game2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man have I been sick.  Worst case of respiratory infection- sinus infection/bronchitis in my life. Has gone on for weeks.  

Around 1 PM yesterday I ejected the colony and hive, including the queen.  It looked like a miniaturized model of the Irish countryside. 

Woke up this morning coughing at 4:30 AM.  That went on until 1:30, when I finally went to sleep sitting upright on the sofa. 

Feeling much better now, thanks.  Making chicken soup.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Now I remember why I hate congressional hearings. On and on and on the pols drone. 

Here we go. The dual mandate,  Jobs, stable prices and a stable dollar. You probably think that is three but you are wrong.

As some know I have always proposed a Magic Pony mandate. That is all little girls should get their own magic pony, except a live one.

game2.jpg

Jorma,

would you please be so kind and summarize the hearing of Colonel Poopwell? TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Man have I been sick.  Worst case of respiratory infection- sinus infection/bronchitis in my life. Has gone on for weeks.  

Around 1 PM yesterday I ejected the colony and hive, including the queen.  It looked like a miniaturized model of the Irish countryside. 

Woke up this morning coughing at 4:30 AM.  That went on until 1:30, when I finally went to sleep sitting upright on the sofa. 

Feeling much better now, thanks.  Making chicken soup.   

If you rarely take antibiotics get some. Don't know how.  

Travel especially international can stress the immune system, obviously.

I got called off my Powell testimony duty. Didn't miss  much I think, but he said wage increase of 3% was good. Off with his head.

One other thing at the start he went on and on about how banks have shown a rising preferance for holding reserves. Hmmmm I wonder if being paid 2.4% has something to do with that. I think this large 'demand' for reserves was in defense of its huge balance sheet. A back asswards way of looking at things as always.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fxfox said:

Jorma,

would you please be so kind and summarize the hearing of Colonel Poopwell? TIA.

I got called off my duty but it was like always. Politicians making long winded speeches in support of well worn talking points and then overly general questions based upon well worn narratives.  

He does seem like a very nice guy who communicates with little of the obstrufications and absolute BS that has characterized the Chairmen for the 40 years they have been forced into the light. Of course he is wedded to the prevailing narratives so there is nothing to be learned.  I just thought he might slip up but the questioners steered him away from having to make any mistakes. They are Senators however. House members are more a rabble. The House is up tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!



The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.


The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!



Old Stool Depository


The Wall Street Examiner
Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner
Contact Us




Market Quotes are powered by Investing.com.
×
×
  • Create New...