World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wilted wishes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Clearly, all of my observations about central bank liquidity and the stock market are wrong.   

I should start a travel blog.  

The way I would look at it is that everyone finally figured it out, including the Fed, which sort of always knew but wouldn't admit it. So anyway now that the Fed has embraced it in talk, first ending QT and then possible new QE, that this has given a giant boost to the cycles. I mean the cycles persist, like the year between Bear Sterns MBS blow up and the crash. 

So in an odd way your being seen to be right by the many has caused your current problem.  Well not you specifically but the concept. Still, we aren't quite in the new era yet. If we get there then Ben was right.

It wouldn't have happened without China. The greatest monetary experiment in history by several orders of magnitude and it's working.

11 minutes ago, Jorma said:

The way I would look at it is that everyone finally figured it out, including the Fed, which sort of always knew but wouldn't admit it. So anyway now that the Fed has embraced it in talk, first ending QT and then possible new QE, that this has given a giant boost to the cycles.

So in an odd way your being seen to be right by the many has caused your current problem.  Well not you specifically but the concept. Still, we aren't quite in the new era yet. If we are then Ben was right.

What has Bernanke said again?

18 minutes ago, Jorma said:

We have the printing press.

Ah right.

maybe the bear began in 2015 and ended at christmas 2018? See, for non-US investors the last few years were not so shiny, look at DAX for example. Also Emerging Markets did not so well. So maybe last few years were just consolidation and now raging bull continues?

Got me. Maybe it is a new age.  To the extent that it seems this is the story everyone believes is the extent to which it seems wise to stay a contrarian. 

Last Feb or this fall I never thought we were going to revisit the levels of even 2 years ago. So I've been a new ager in a way. I just figured the Fed would need a real reason to 'ease'.  Like say, the economy. Remember that?

Archived