World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Scripted scattering

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DrStool said:

It's not new money. .

That may be but it is one hell of a slug of money that has to be rolled over constantly but some bit of it is new since the total is growing and it would just seem that would sop up some of the new Treasury issues. 

Which gets me to thinking,  is the Treasury successfully lengthening the duration?  I mean these $50bn slugs of issues are so gigantic it just seems to invite an accident. 

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

I mirrored you faith but there was no objective reason to believe the Fed would stay the course the moment there was a selloff. Looking back it is especially damning that we hit the exact 20% drop to make it an 'official' bear market and boom, the Fed caved. 

There is no political support, as in zero, none, nada, zilch, for 'tight' money. Not on the right or the left or the center, not anywhere. How is a Fed chairman or anyone in power supposed to go against that? To support what? The principal that central banks are not supposed to monetize government debt is an historic artifact that has been forgotten. Besides, by doing it everyone wins. Financial assets inflate making the rich as rich as kings of old and the economy hums along for 10 years without a break. Taxes can remain low and just enough spending to keep the proles quiet and the politicians in their places can continue. What's not to like exactly?

Well some bitch about the rich getting so rich, but they don't count. 

I keep posting late in the day but will repeat for the third time, It went across my news feed late Friday that a Fed head said the Fed is looking at QE in non emergency situations. Hell, we don't even need that big selloff now to  trigger QE infinity. How are we going to beat China without it? It's the future of The Nation at stake.  

Edit 

I guess that was covered in that article. Dudley.

Image result for infinity symbol    

41 minutes ago, MisFit Kid said:

sound like the Okie-Dokie for Japan, Europe, et al.... will more than double, double, double down

cue Buzz LIghtyear..........

Snakes and Snake Eyes, on all them.......

images.jpg

Not sure what your referring to?  Is the ECB talking about new asset purchases?  I am guessing the strong Yen is killing the previously anticipated end of Abenomics. 

43 minutes ago, potatohead said:

No evidence that Fed's balance sheet is behind market swings: Mester

Well some of the Fed heads know it, now.  They just can't say it outloud. Bernanke did once or twice in less than a direct way. She may be one of the ignorant ones. That or lying is an option. 

Hats off to Lee for deducing what nobody wants to see or admit.  Sadly he is .00000000001% as famous as Minsky. Who I think is a totally appropriate analog. Whose tiny fame grew slightly after his demise.   So I say Lee enjoy life while you've got it. I know you enjoy the battle but it's like shooting rubber bands at the stars.

14 hours ago, Jorma said:

Not sure what your referring to?  Is the ECB talking about new asset purchases?  I am guessing the strong Yen is killing the previously anticipated end of Abenomics. 

Has the ECB stopped yet? I know it was supposed to by now...

No interest rate increases for the known future......

and futhermore, the new FED-Speak/Actions

and the ECB's own court system has given the Green Light for just about anything/everything

https://www.dw.com/en/eus-top-court-rules-european-central-bank-bond-buying-legal/a-46674344

https://www.dw.com/en/draghi-eurozone-faces-economic-downturn-more-stimulus-needed/a-47214782

Archived