World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Ramshackle rambling

"In my humble opinion"

This isn't the place to litigate this stuff. Russophobia is stupid. 

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/02/opinion/foreign-affairs-now-a-word-from-x.html

That isn't the question here. Trump and all the grifters who attached to him are and were in this for the money. It has nothing to do with policy or anything. Just self aggrandizement. Trump wasn't a party to this polling data give away. His then grifter  walking piece of Beltway garbage and by then ex campaign chairman was. Which was used by Russian state actors  in targeting social media trolls who affected the election, of Trump. . Nobody is going to end American Russophobia just like nobody is going to stop QE infinity.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manafort is a poster-boy for everything that is wrong with the current political class. They rarely make their own pay for their crimes. It'll be interesting to see what comes of his sentencing March 13. My guess is at the end of it he will actually get away with serving a fraction of the time a little guy would serve for a similar offense. Not too dissimilar to all the bankers and wall street guys that walked away from the last two blow-ups they caused. RE: Russophobia - I have Russian neighbors across the street - nicest, warmest people you ever met and well educated too. I very much enjoy them.

31 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

There you go - Trump just said it - he'll let the deadline with China slip if they are getting closer to a deal. The technicals are lining up for a shorting op but with all these headlines it'll be hard for the market not to melt up. I'm going to be patient for now.

The issue at hand was the increase of tariffs to 25% on everything from China. Well I guess everything. That is March 2.  This would be a total disaster. There is no possible deal in the short run or ever. This is shaping up to be shorter term replay of the 90's game of certifying that China was playing fair. That was a game mandated by some law that finally died when China got into the WTO. 

Anyhow it looks like Lee's message of the last 15 plus years has finally washed up in a bottle at the Eccles building. Endless wealth is officially in our future now. 

You know Lee if your familiar with Michael Lewis the author you probably know his book Liars Poker was meant by him to be a cautionary tale.  Instead it motivated an entire new generation of bright ambitious people to go to Wall Street.  The Fed knowing how the system works is going to be the same thing. Like giving kids the key to the candy store.

You might have missed that it came across my wire in Friday afternoon that an unamed Fed head admitted the Fed was investigating QE during non emergencies. Well, duh. What were QE 2 and 3. 

Archived