World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Ladled largesse

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Now have 2 day, 5 day, and 13 day preliminary sell signals. Waiting on 8 day, which would come on a break of 2723. 

Guarantees nothing. 

Would you look at that. The low was 2724. 

If they clear 2738.46, gonna be some explosive diarrhea in bear country. 

2 hours ago, DrStool said:

Trying to figure the best way to go from Rijeka to Split later this month.  Any Croatia experts out there?

If it would be spring or summer now I would say make a crusade along the Croatian coastline. That‘s marvellous and you could visit Dubrovnik which is astonishing. Maybe rent a car or so?

1 minute ago, fxfox said:

If it would be spring or summer now I would say make a crusade along the Croatian coastline. That‘s marvellous and you could visit Dubrovnik which is astonishing. Maybe rent a car or so?

I've rented a place in Split for 5 weeks. I'm training to Trieste. Checking it out overnight and next day. Then bus to Rijeka which is a short ride. The only viable options Rijeka to Split both  take all day.  Bus along the coast, or train inland.  

Just now, DrStool said:

I've rented a place in Split for 5 weeks. I'm training to Trieste. Checking it out overnight and next day. Then bus to Rijeka which is a short ride. The only viable options Rijeka to Split both  take all day.  Bus along the coast, or train inland.  

Ok, in that case I‘d prefer bus along the coast.

I prefer sitting in a train all day than a bus. Can get up, walk around, stretch. Change trains once. I'm leaning that way. I've had the pleasure of looking at the blue Mediterranean and the Alps from my window for the past 10 weeks.

I'm still thinking about it.  Apparently it's easy to buy either ticket right before boarding.    

Just now, fxfox said:

Did you know that Croatians were hard core facists and allies of Hitler? Now guess which country accepted as number one ecen before the US and even without informing the US or other western countries the newly independet Croatia back in 1992 or so? ?

Croatia has a terrible history, although as in France there were also partisans who hated the Nazis and fought against that government.

There were plenty of hardcore Nazis in France too. I have visited the Jewish Cemetary in Nice and said Kaddish 4 times. I am someone who is essentially anti-religious and NEVER prays. But the Nazis murdered a wing of my extended family, aunts, uncles and first cousins of my grandfather, who did not come to America with the rest of the family at the turn of the century.    

The cemetary has a small mausoleum containing the remains of Nazi victims. There were concrete urns affixed to the outer wall containing the ashes, and the soap made from the bones, of Jewish victims of the Nazis and their French collaborators. Above the two urns on either side are stone tablets which call this fact to the attention of the visitor.   

From what I've read Croatia today is pretty friendly toward the Jews. But Eastern Europe is Eastern Europe. Anti-Semitism runs deep there, mostly fomented under Czarist rule and then the Communists.  My mother's parents came from Poland. It was the center of the worldwide Jewish diaspora for hundreds of years until the pogroms came in 1880s.   

Archived