World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Gloomy grazing

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

I think 1981 was great. After having suffering through massive inflation in the 1970's I couldn't wait for it to end. It ended.

The inflation didnt end because Volcker  hiked like a maniac. But that is what most believe. That‘s why hes a hero for many.

30 yesrs later. Volcker would have done the same as Bernanke did. Circumstances...

1 hour ago, sandy beach said:

I think 1981 was great. After having suffering through massive inflation in the 1970's I couldn't wait for it to end. It ended.

I am agnostic on this. The cycle of rising inflation and rates was due to end. The starving of the short end acted as the bell announcing the end. Coincident or causal you decide. 

As to Volker doing a Greenspan I don't think so. On Black Monday probably. After that with words, not so much. Just around that time my nacent interest in such things ended. I couldn't figure out what was going on since I was still in the Dr Doom school. I didn't know that school was closed.

Now, in so many words ,  I am thinking the old XXX hundreds of years interest rate cycle is dead.  Courtesy of central banks. If not dead then truncated. Lower highs and lower lows. Then I look over at that 90 day T bill chart. Where is the Fed in the bill market?  Lee?

Archived