World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Dangling delusions

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords recovered somewhat to finish the day +0.4%.  Energy +2.1% remained leader with Gold -2.3% at the other end.

Over in Asia, China +0.4%, Hong Kong +0.3%, Japan -0.1%, India currently -0.1%.

UK/Europe just open: FTSE -0.4%, DAX -0.2% and CAC -0.1%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

INTRODUCING THE COYOTE FAMILY OF ETF's

The Running Coyote ETF

This ETF invested in stock where management is borrowing billions to buy back large amounts of stock.

The Coyote Cliff ETF

This etf shorts stocks that are falling of the coyote cliff because they can't borrow any more to funds buybacks.

The Recovering Coyote ETF

This funds invests in stocks of companies that have gone over the coyote cliff and are in recovery mode  i.e are successfully paying down their debt etc

Eg GE  , BHC, kinder Morgan et al      

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

INTRODUCING THE COYOTE FAMILY OF ETF's

The Running Coyote ETF

This ETF invested in stock where management is borrowing billions to buy back large amounts of stock.

The Coyote Cliff ETF

This etf shorts stocks that are falling of the coyote cliff because they can't borrow any more to funds buybacks.

The Recovering Coyote ETF

This funds invests in stocks of companies that have gone over the coyote cliff and are in recovery mode  i.e are successfully paying down their debt etc

Eg GE  , BHC, kinder Morgan et al      

Corporations are actually still prohibited from purchasing their own stock by the  Securities and Exchange Act of 1933, but there's a catch. Catch 1984. In 1984 the SEC made an exception. If 4 rules were followed then they would be allowed to break the law and be given 'safe haven' from prosecution. So the practice is de facto legal. Go figure why congress never just made it legal. I mean who would be against it but a few commie Nazis and the fellow travelers of Adam Smith? One of histories greatest monsters I guess. I mean the guy had the unmitigated gall to say the wealth is created by work and the cash flow profits which flow from that. Everyone now knows wealth is created by inflating asset prices.

The idea of the law was that stock buybacks are manipulation of stock prices.  Nowday's everyone wants that. I think of stock buybacks, as capitalism by circle jerk.

2 hours ago, Jorma said:

Corporations are actually still prohibited from purchasing their own stock by the  Securities and Exchange Act of 1933, but there's a catch. Catch 1984. In 1984 the SEC made an exception. If 4 rules were followed then they would be allowed to break the law and be given 'safe haven' from prosecution. So the practice is de facto legal. Go figure why congress never just made it legal. I mean who would be against it but a few commie Nazis and the fellow travelers of Adam Smith? One of histories greatest monsters I guess. I mean the guy had the unmitigated gall to say the wealth is created by work and the cash flow profits which flow from that. Everyone now knows wealth is created by inflating asset prices.

The idea of the law was that stock buybacks are manipulation of stock prices.  Nowday's everyone wants that. I think of stock buybacks, as capitalism by circle jerk.

I wrote a couple diatribes about that over at Sure Money and Money Morning last year.  I'm feeling to lazy to look them up.  

Gorgeous bright sunshiny afternoon here. I just came back from a long walk around the port and the Promenade de les Etas Unis, along the sea front. Now I need a nap.  LOL  

Finished a report earlier. Just sent it over to Sure Money production dept. Gotta work with the to get it posted. Then I'm shutting down!  

BOOM! 

Off in the weeds but some guy, a Fed governor, Goodfriend, has not been renominated. I looked the name up and he is called an "inflation hawk". Of course they all are that except maybe future Chairman Cashncarry. 

I suppose Trump wants Cramer or Kudlow since they have been on TV.

Archived