World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Crusty collaborations

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Looks like All Ords may have found some support in the short term.  The index finished -0.3% with sectors ranging from Healthcare +0.9% down to Energy -1.5%.

Over in Asia, China +0.1%, Hong Kong flat, Japan -0.1%, India currently flat.

A negative start for UK/Europe: FTSE and DAX -0.5% and CAC -0.4%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

THOUGHTS ON 2019

1/ Still lots of stocks that need to bleed out their Ponzi values.

(the difference between the actual reality price and the market reality price)

For instance Coca Cola needs to halve in value.

Mondelez needs to halve in value.

2/ Bonds still bad value.

I had a pretty good idea that the selloff wouldn't stick. The TA was too strong and I have confidence in that. My report WSE posted Sunday looked bad yesterday, but I think it is still on point.  

26 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Lee do we know when the Treasury sends the monthly $50bn to the Fed to be burned.  Probably at the end of the month with all the fundings?   

It's based on the maturity schedule, which is posted in the H41. So when a bond matures, and the Fed doesn't roll it, it tells the Treasury, "Give me back my fucking money or I'll break your fucking legs."

OK, not actually. Fed just debits the Treasury checking account at the Bank of the Fed as the bonds mature.  The bond or note disappears from the asset side of the Fed's ledger, and from the Treasury deposit liability.  

The Treasury deposit increases the next week when investors and dealers buy the next issuance. That gets withdrawn from bank accounts which simultaneously reduces the reserve deposit at the Fed. So the money goes from investor and dealer deposits into the Treasury, and from there to pay off the loan from the Fed. 

Poof!  

29 minutes ago, DrStool said:

It's based on the maturity schedule, which is posted in the H41. So when a bond matures, and the Fed doesn't roll it, it tells the Treasury, "Give me back my fucking money or I'll break your fucking legs."

I'd like to see that. Powell is pretty old but Mnuchin seems like he's a real wimp.

46 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I had a pretty good idea that the selloff wouldn't stick. The TA was too strong and I have confidence in that. My report WSE posted Sunday looked bad yesterday, but I think it is still on point.  

Your probably right but it's all so extraordinary.  If cycles reflect mood at some point the ugly mood now should translate into bad things for stocks. Maybe Davos man will say enough of this sillyness. 

Archived