World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Bedraggled blips

9 minutes ago, fxfox said:

So if there would be huge amounts, that means that there is huge Treasury supply which has to get sucked up by markets and therefore not enough cash would be there to buy stocks and because of that stocks go down, right?

I won't risk answering  because with Lee one can never be absolutely right.  I will  put it in a different light. If the supply is huge that means the shutdown is over or will be shortly and the Treasury knows it, and, they are not going to dip into their huge 'savings account' to cover the flood of money going out. 

Well it's complicated, bills and coupons are sort of different matters.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jorma said:

I won't risk answering  because with Lee one can never be absolutely right.  I will  put it in a different light. If the supply is huge that means the shutdown is over or will be shortly and the Treasury knows it, and, they are not going to dip into their huge 'savings account' to cover the flood of money going out. 

Thanks Jorma! Hope Doc can add some thöughts.

9 minutes ago, Jorma said:

That's exactly right. 

My guess is that rather than come to market for $200-300 billion of T-bills all at once (or god knows how much) they'll use some of the cash first and do it gradually. Like Chinese water torture. Difference between quick death and slow death.  

1 minute ago, DrStool said:

My guess is that rather than come to market for $200-300 billion of T-bills all at once (or god knows how much) they'll use some of the cash first and do it gradually. Like Chinese water torture. Difference between quick death and slow death.  

Slow death hurts more ? Do you really think they want that? Do they really wanna hurt the bulls?

50 minutes ago, DrStool said:

No. Trump has zero incentive to settle. He's getting everything he wants from this. Chaos, worker suffering, and a rising stock market. 

https://suremoneyinvestor.com/2019/01/the-government-shutdown-is-still-bullish-so-heres-what-to-do/

Davos man has to choose between having it all right now and having the barbarians at the gates, or  having just some more and sending the villagers back home.  Admittedly a large contingent of the barbarians will defend the gates. 

Archived