Sign in to follow this  
aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Irredeemable issues

Rate this topic

The US economy will stay strong, and the Fed will keep tapping the brakes. We could have a pretty good economy and a horrendous bear market. 

6 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Money talks. And there's not enough money to absob $100 billion a month in Treasury issuance. The SPX will be at 1700 by this time next year.  

They will create a new refinancing tool 😉 That‘s why Trump wants Germany to pay much more for NATO. 😁

Lee, technical question

Does the BLM revise the seasonal adjustment formulas on a calendar basis? As in a new formula this month?   I would not be shocked if the thumb is going to be on the scales, massively, to the plus side. 

Got a sell signal on  the 2 day cycle line crossover at 1:20. Just broke the first channel line. Next is at 2525. 

TRUMP SAYS HE MAY CALL A NATIONAL EMERGENCY TO BUILD WALL VERY QUICKLY

Now that guy starts to go completely nuts... It is simply not to believe that hes the pres of the US.

1 hour ago, fxfox said:

TRUMP SAYS HE MAY CALL A NATIONAL EMERGENCY TO BUILD WALL VERY QUICKLY

Now that guy starts to go completely nuts... It is simply not to believe that hes the pres of the US.

For what it's worth he has dementia. 

17 hours ago, Jorma said:

Lee, technical question

Does the BLM revise the seasonal adjustment formulas on a calendar basis? As in a new formula this month?   I would not be shocked if the thumb is going to be on the scales, massively, to the plus side. 

Yearly, every February. That's when all the previous 5 years of Nonfarm Payrolls are revised to fit the most recent annual benchmarked data, which, by the way, uses tax data as a big part of the benchmark.  I had warned after posting the November tax data that the spike in withholding could lead to a bulge in the December jobs because it came in late November. The jobs survey is as of  the 12th of the month. 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:44 AM, DrStool said:

Yearly, every February. That's when all the previous 5 years of Nonfarm Payrolls are revised to fit the most recent annual benchmarked data, which, by the way, uses tax data as a big part of the benchmark.  I had warned after posting the November tax data that the spike in withholding could lead to a bulge in the December jobs because it came in late November. The jobs survey is as of  the 12th of the month. 

I'm still pissed I forgot about the jobs number coming out Friday and I suppose other numbers will be good this month too.  The jobs numbers only lag Fed words as an excuse to run the market up and down.