World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Irredeemable issues

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Money talks. And there's not enough money to absob $100 billion a month in Treasury issuance. The SPX will be at 1700 by this time next year.  

They will create a new refinancing tool ? That‘s why Trump wants Germany to pay much more for NATO. ?

17 hours ago, Jorma said:

Lee, technical question

Does the BLM revise the seasonal adjustment formulas on a calendar basis? As in a new formula this month?   I would not be shocked if the thumb is going to be on the scales, massively, to the plus side. 

Yearly, every February. That's when all the previous 5 years of Nonfarm Payrolls are revised to fit the most recent annual benchmarked data, which, by the way, uses tax data as a big part of the benchmark.  I had warned after posting the November tax data that the spike in withholding could lead to a bulge in the December jobs because it came in late November. The jobs survey is as of  the 12th of the month. 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:44 AM, DrStool said:

Yearly, every February. That's when all the previous 5 years of Nonfarm Payrolls are revised to fit the most recent annual benchmarked data, which, by the way, uses tax data as a big part of the benchmark.  I had warned after posting the November tax data that the spike in withholding could lead to a bulge in the December jobs because it came in late November. The jobs survey is as of  the 12th of the month. 

I'm still pissed I forgot about the jobs number coming out Friday and I suppose other numbers will be good this month too.  The jobs numbers only lag Fed words as an excuse to run the market up and down.

Archived