World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Hampered heights

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

The front end of the yield curve is really catching a bid. Massive move into government bond funds.

2 year bills are now into Fed Fund target area.  Hilariously everyone thinks the Fed should immediately lower rates.  It's like being in a hall of fun house mirrors.

7 minutes ago, Jorma said:

2 year bills are now into Fed Fund target area.  Hilariously everyone thinks the Fed should immediately lower rates.  It's like being in a hall of fun house mirrors.

2 year paper is coupon, not bills. Bills are only up to 1 year. The rise in short paper up to 13 weeks has been relentless. 6 mo and 1 year paper have come off their highs in the past few weeks.  

This bond buying panic won't end well.  

2 minutes ago, DrStool said:

2 year paper is coupon, not bills. Bills are only up to 1 year. The rise in short paper up to 13 weeks has been relentless. 6 mo and 1 year paper have come off their highs in the past few weeks.  

This bond buying panic won't end well.  

Right on the nomenclature.  I was just commenting on today's pullback to FF territory.  

As to the bond buying panic ending not well. That's the big enchilada.  I don't think I'm going to see it in my lifetime, except for a brief period before QE Infinity happens. 

18 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Right on the nomenclature.  I was just commenting on today's pullback to FF territory.  

As to the bond buying panic ending not well. That's the big enchilada.  I don't think I'm going to see it in my lifetime, except for a brief period before QE Infinity happens. 

Have also problems to believe that we gonna see FF rate around 5% or so and most impotantly that such a level becomes the new normal. Where should tve inflationary pressure come from to make that happen? 

Archived