World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Ossified offerings

6 minutes ago, Jorma said:

It's highly unusual CAC and FTSE are green.  I mean cripes, FTSE.  

I'd rather have my money in the UK than the US.  At least it's still a democracy with a functioning government and legal system. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Double bottom at the 2 day cycle projection with a big positive divergence in the 5 day cycle oscillator.  

If this fails to generate a rally, it's going to be really, really ugly. 

THE LBO....ING OF AMERICA

When you think about it all the debt  public corporations have taken on to buy back stocks is a from of PUBLIC COMPANY LBO.

It has several benefits in the eyes of corporate management:

1/ Does wonderful things for executive stock option packages.

2/ Keeps the shareholders happy at least in the short term.

3/ Plenty of business (bond sales) for Wall Street which in return means anal ysts will sing the praises of the stock.

4/ Means  that with a high stock price any private equity takeover artists or activist hedge funds will be incentivised to avoid your stock.  

As an aside why is the "Private Equity" industry called "Private Equity" when their companies are mainly financed by debt....shouldn't they be called "Private Debt"?????

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

As an aside why is the "Private Equity" industry called "Private Equity" when their companies are mainly financed by debt....shouldn't they be called "Private Debt"?????

Why are inflating asset prices called wealth creation?  I think this is the most fundamental question of all. Not that it matters. History will be driven going forward by those who don't have it and those who lose it. Neither of which will ever know the wealth was illusory. Obviously I am not a true American. 

Archived