World Stock Market Trading Discussion - Hesitant hydraulics

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

A bearish end to the week for All Ords ..  The index finished -1.5% led down by Consumer Staples -4.1%, REITS -2.8% and Consumer Discretionary -1.7%.  Gold was the only gainer, +0.3%.

Over in Asia, China +0.8%, Hong Kong and Japan +0.4%, India currently flat.

UK/Europe not quite open,  (daylight saving's finished I gather):

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Yest the board was kaput, so I couldn‘t answer to the „crash“ discussion. My understanding of that what Doc writes since over a year is that the FED policy among other stuff willl eventually lead to a severe bear market and not only a short term crash where we go down 20% and then up again. The figures I have n mind for the ultimate low are that we see in SPX 1500 and that NDX goes down at least 50% from the all time high.

Doc, do you think it is realistic that we see in 2019/2020 timeframe the old res around 1500/1600 in SPX again?

OTOH my gut feeling tells a other story: I don‘t see conpletely insane valuations like in 99/00 Nasdaq, many financial stocks around the world are still broken, autos already got slaughtered, Emerging Markets are broken already... It simply doesnt feel like a house of cards we are sitting on which was definitely the feeling in 99/00. I simply don‘t see one MEGA bubble, I see overvaluation of certain stocks and certain markets, but not that general big thing. So in sum my gut feeling says that downside potential is somewhat limited. We go down to the Trump election breakout level and that will be it.

Archived