World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Fluctuating fancies

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DrStool said:

There is a Powell put after all. 

When everyone in the entire world who matters is against you, it is a burden.  

As I've said before the fate of the world as it is or we pretend it is depends upon the continued inflation of assets.  

Personally I think Powell just stepped in it.  Thinking such a statement was innocuous. Meanwhile everybody in the game was waiting of any innocuous word to pounce on. 

I hope he knows he has to end normalization to even begin to stop Treasury rates rising. As to other rates, good luck.

8 minutes ago, fxfox said:

IF we crash then in Q1, not in the few weeks before Christmas.

Todays move is simply sick. Period.

To the extent Powell knew what he was doing is the extent to which even a significant decline from here much less a crash has probably been avoided.  Off the top of my head anyway.  They will have to end normalization in the first quarter i would think.

If you were Powell and knew that a significant dislocation was possible which would necessitate more QE would you wait to be forced. Instead maybe hope ending normalization will do the job.

And again, everybody wants easy money. They don't know how that happens maybe but they want it.  Also as I say China still intends to inflate half the world, and they are doing it.  MAGA.

Archived