World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wavering waltz

7 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Keeping loads of dry powder Doc. But I have to nibble on weakness and I like to swing earnings releases.

More power to you. If there's one thing I've learned, there are many ways to trade. Some of you are savants at it. You've seen a pattern that works for you and honed it to perfection. That's genius, and I respect it. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG) reported Q3 EPS of $2.83, $0.17 better than the anal cyst estimate of $2.66. Revenue for the quarter came in at $921 million versus the consensus estimate of $917.09 million"

I thought they would. They've been printing money. Hopefully I get a pop in the morning. We'll see...

"E*TRADE Financial (NASDAQ: ETFC) reported Q3 EPS of $0.88, $0.06 better than the anal cyst estimate of $0.82. Revenue for the quarter came in at $720 million versus the consensus estimate of $711.15 million."

I decided to not swing trade this. But it does leave some hope for other stocks in this sector.

EMA200 hourly and downtrendline served as res and price stopped exactly there snd went down hard. Bears are in control.

interesting: The FED basically said in the minutes that they gonna raise rates more like many think. But seems most didn‘t get that. Given that, market has to fall A LOT more...

2 hours ago, fxfox said:

The FED basically said in the minutes that they gonna raise rates more like many think. But seems most didn‘t get that. Given that, market has to fall A LOT more...

"Raising rates" is a red herring. (Red herring  is an American saying meaning a  false argument or  a logical fallacy)  

Lee, it isn't that people hate your analysis it is that the simply cannot comprehend it. Really. It's a cognitive thing. 

Archived