World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Lopsided loops

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

The 10 year is pushing 3.20 today. I missed the breakout yesterday. I've been preaching that it's coming of course. Just as I've been preaching that the stock market would follow.  The sands of time run from the hourglass slowly in our day to day experience, but they are a  fleeting flash in the context of history. 

The problem today is that this turn will not be cushioned by a trend of political, technological, economic, and social progress.  The trend of technology creating the opportunity for a better life for all has ended, and even gone into reverse. Politically we have headed in a dark direction for the past 47 years, where the individual is glorified above and beyond the needs of society as a whole. Our moral decline has accelerated into a crash over the past 10 years, culminating in the elevation of the caricature of anti-Christ to the position of greatest power.  Unfortunately, when you give absolute power to an evil clown, he's no longer a clown. He becomes a monster who millions will follow to their graves.  

I have little confidence that this  trend, where evil is in the ascendency, will be reversed, especially here in  the US. 

---

In the 1920s, we were still guided by the words on the Statue of Liberty. 

... her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

I believe in those ideals. My grandparents and great grandfather came here under them.  

No longer do we extend that welcome to the to the wretched refuse, homeless and tempest-tost,  huddled masses yearning to breathe free. My grandparents, and perhaps yours, were among them.  Unless we are native Americans or whose ancestors were brought here as slaves, all of us have descended from those who came under that welcoming ideal.  

Now the US has turned its back on the freedom seekers of the world. The US no longer believes in the right of the oppressed and downtrodden to seek refuge here, to build new lives and contribute to the great melting pot this country has been.

In rejecting this most fundamental of American ideals, the US has become a place I no longer feel proud to recognize as home. And so, like my grandparents, I'll become an exile. I will sadly observe this debacle from afar.

Hopefully, my dark view of this nation's future will be wrong. 

Regardless of the outcome of the November elections, I fear that we face a terrible reckoning.  The Regime has created an atmosphere where no one will trust the results. Nor should we. Sowing fear and disorder is its aim. I believe that it has succeeded in creating those conditions, and a rapid devolution is coming.  

But regardless of what happens, and regardless of where I am in the world, I'll continue to watch, and analyze, and write, to share my observations about the market with you until I am no longer able. 

appreciate the commentary.....This decay has been happening for a long time. I would imagine there is a strong correlation over the last 35 years between the Federal Reserve accommodation of  the markets, the growth of debts in this country, widening inequality and the political correctness that was the glue to hold this entire shit show together.....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Columbus discovered America he needed to find a bank to open a checking account but he couldn't because the banks were closed on account of Columbus Day. 

I learned that from Stan Freberg when I was a kid. 

Long ago I set aside the noble myths of America.  

It is kind of odd that if this new plunge has some legs that both this one and the January one were coincident with what I see as the moment of substantiation of the figurative Enabling Act. The days  that in my imagination the old Nazi money should be flying out of the giant stone mansions in Switzerland in celebration. 

Archived