Internet Addiction

Big gap ups on INTC and XLNX this am after the usual upgrades and touts.

So, who do we believe? :blink:

Intel chief sees no signs of telecoms upturn

By Tom Foremski in San Jose

Published: February 18 2003 22:40 | Last Updated: February 18 2003 23:10

The telecommunications sector continues to be in "meltdown" with no signs of an upturn, said Craig Barrett, chief executive of Intel, the world's largest chipmaker.

But there could be some improvement in the second half of this year, Mr Barrett said on Tuesday.

Intel's computer chip business, however, would likely recover before its communications chip business, which continues to report large losses.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good one Rich.

Suctors and Stoolwethers are interesting this morning. Is it possible that we go back down, make a minor new low, then settle into a trading range for the big leg down I'm expecting this summer? The market has us all frazzled in the short run, but it is fitting the long term cycle projections in your Weak End Anals quite nicely.

Bargain hunting

December's b-to-b ratio of 0.94. Morgan Stanley's industry anal cyst's previous estimates were in the range of 0.93-0.98 for this indicator. The anal cyst believes this announcement to be a "non-event" despite missing his forecasts for January.

Semi stocks upgraded by Morgan Stanley: INTC, XLNX, TXN

Translation:

Morgan Stanley still stuck with a bunch of chip crap

A few rants

Book to Bill became non- relevant a few years ago

Also

But there could be some improvement in the second half of this year, Mr Barrett said on Tuesday.

hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa yeah, OK

Finally... my own chart, for you nervous nellies... SIMMER DOWN would ya??

post-3-1045663861_thumb.gif

Oh, and one other item of note... Astrology is important to pay attention to, the planets definitely have major effects on moods... and mood swings.  To wit, this chart below shows the SP 500, its direction when Saturn is direct vs in retrograde.

Guess what... Direct begins on Friday this week.... which is DOWN

I could be wrong... heh heh

post-3-1045663001.gif

tanks for posting SG, i hadn't got around to putting it here yet. for all who haven't seen it, related thread is in LOB.

to clarificate a little, saturn going direct doesn't necessarily portend an immediate drop, it just signifies that the Days of Bubble & Fluff are over, and that the time is nigh to face the reality of the LT trend again.

(conversely, the last two saturn retrogrades have coincided exactly with huge reversals to the upside....so at this point i view saturn direction sort of like hamilton views the 21 day PCR - important at both ends, but maybe a reliable timer on only one. saturn goes retrograde next on 25 oct 2003.)

Again, quoting myself from the Simple Guy Waves thread over the weekend (returning to my roots)

Im going to get back to my roots of standing back from the monitor, and not getting my eyes too close like I did recently... where I lost my SHORT TERM, but not LONG TERM vision...

I will again reiterate my opinions, FWIW. We are going to finish up a normal retrace off the recent sub wave 1 down leg from 1039 to 938 on the NDX.

This should take us towards 1002 ish... Im looking at 25.02 ish as my near term target on QQQ. Yes, its possible to see as high as 25.30 ish as well, on a more hysterical 78.6% retrace... traders only need apply though here...

One more note on NAS

Where wave 2 meets the top of a prior wave 4, its a great time to short.... Bob Prechter

1360 ish would be that target on the NAS, would also reflect a nice A B C wave 2 ending top rally off the 1260 ish lows...

Not sure if it occurs, but would fit nice with a great time to go explosively short

I'll ride it out, its only 14 plus points from Yesterdays close...

Bulletin:

Just got on. Have not read anything need to imitate an adult human in a moment but, just want to discuss XLNX

It was upgraded with other chips, Intel et. al. by MS this morning and had a great pop in the Pre. As I expected, it is dropping quickly in the Open. It may explain the accumulation happening in the last week. The good news is fresg sheeple longs may make fodder for us. Nonetheless, keep close a close eye. MS most likely (I'm being diplomatic) announced after they were done. Hopefully, this will turn out to be a good thing for shorts as/if the market goes down today.

Now back to your regular programing. :P

Archived