Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Webby waffle

Most the early openers in the red: Kiwis -0.3%, Aussies -0.7%, Japan +0.3% and Sth Korea -0.4%.

In Aussie sectors, Gold getting a hammering, -4.2% followed by Energy -3.1%.  IT is the only up sector, +0.5%.

t?s=%5ENZ50&lang=en-NZ&region=NZ&width=3

t?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

w?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU

An unusually bearish day for All Ords with the index closing -0.8%.  Gold -5% lost the most followed by Energy -3.4% and Miners -2.3%.  

Over in Asia, China -0.7%, Hong Kong -1.9%, Japan +0.1% and India currently flat.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

t?s=%5EGDAXI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=

t?s=%5EFCHI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/

I'm on Amtrak headed for NYC and on to our winter sojourn in Quebec to see the kids for the holidays. Then it's on to London, Paris, Venice and Athens in Jan-Feb. Palma de Mallorca in Feb-Mar. We're taking the Queen Mary from NY to Southampton, same as last year. It's the only way to travel! 

I'll be maintaining a  mostly normal work schedule, just in more interesting environments. 

Yesterday was the "plunge" everyone was waiting for.........

buy everything at will over the ask, do not ever hit the bid......

and do not worry, Flo-Bot will handle everything

I'm on Amtrak headed for NYC and on to our winter sojourn in Quebec to see the kids for the holidays. Then it's on to London, Paris, Venice and Athens in Jan-Feb. Palma de Mallorca in Feb-Mar. We're taking the Queen Mary from NY to Southampton, same as last year. It's the only way to travel! 

I'll be maintaining a  mostly normal work schedule, just in more interesting environments. 

Saw the Queen Mary at harbor in the Virgin Islands many years ago, enormous and awesome looking ship.

Saw the Queen Mary at harbor in the Virgin Islands many years ago, enormous and awesome looking ship.

Think it's still the longest passenger ship, but many of the Royal Caribbean ships now larger. QM is the only one built specifically as an ocean liner, not a cruise ship. Amazing food. 24 hour buffet. I'll gain 15 pounds. Walk it off for the next month!

Think it's still the longest passenger ship, but many of the Royal Caribbean ships now larger. QM is the only one built specifically as an ocean liner, not a cruise ship. Amazing food. 24 hour buffet. I'll gain 15 pounds. Walk it off for the next month!

i imagine that there are some very interesting people on those transatlantic trips

We made great friends with the couple we dined with. Most of the passengers on this trip are Brits returning from holiday in NYC.

Internet connection stinks though. Hard to get work done. 

Wonderful.  Enjoy!

It's a hard life.. :)