Speaking Of Sex . . .

O'Neill resignation -- this is huge. Don't know the story yet. But it UNDOUBTEDLY relates to differences of opinion about the dollar and gold -- and will have consequences for both.

O'Neill came into office spouting the standard NAM (National ASSociation of Manufacturers) line: devalue the dollar to help exporters. The Robby Rubin faction quickly slapped him down.

Now if O'Neill left cuz they wouldn't let him devalue, it means the liquidationists are in charge. I would hate to think that's the case.

OTOH, maybe O'Neill found out that the whole Fed/JPM/gold/derivatives axis is a vast scandal ... and just wanted to get out before it splattered all over him.

Either way, something's brewing. Policy changes are coming. Markets will rejigger.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOO- BRAINFART!

that should have said "Bull market", as would be obvious from my commnets of long standing in that area.

Tanks for bringing that up riff. It's just so weird fro me to type "b-u-l-l" about anything. :lol:

The error hass been corrected.

Glad,

Great title for the a.m., 'cause speaking of sex...I juz 'bout had an orgasm when I cranked up the 'puter and saw that big red candle!!

Greg,

FURm one who has been underwater in scuba gear with you a couple of times, I'm glad to hear dat you be back in da black! B) But gotta take a look and see if there's a way FUR ya to revise da system to keep dat from happin' agin. Startin' ta sound like da BAREister now -- where is he? :D

Glad,

Great title for the a.m., 'cause speaking of sex...I juz 'bout had an orgasm when I cranked up the 'puter and saw that big red candle!!

Greg,

FURm one who has been underwater in scuba gear with you a couple of times, I'm glad to hear dat you be back in da black! B) But gotta take a look and see if there's a way FUR ya to revise da system to keep dat from happin' agin. Startin' ta sound like da BAREister now -- where is he? :D

One word: Stoploss.

If I were long, it wouldn't be the unemployment stuff that would scare me as much as this:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/Dai...rtner=earthlink

The Feds raided a Boston-area software company which appears to be secretly controlled by a Saudi businessman with links to Al Quada. The company provides sensitive software to many government agencies, including the FBI and nuclear power plants. They believe that sensitive information may have been provided to Al Quada, and, most scarily, are examining current software to see if there are "back door" entry methods so that a hacker could, for instance, cause meltdowns at nuclear power plants.

The Saudi "businessman" has close ties to the Saudi royal family. Who's your friend?

Conditions are in place for shortest daily cycle lows today. Maybe a good time to take some profits and regroup if you are trading the 8-13 day cycles. Ditto for the 1 day cycle. If I'm trading the 4-7 or 10-13 week cycles, I'm sitting tight. That's for sure.

Archived