Speaking Of Sex . . .

Business - Reuters

Stocks Set for Soft Start, Jobs Data Loom

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks are poised for a soft start on Friday with the market's two-month rally in danger of ending, but a closely watched reading on November's job market may color sentiment before the opening bell.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...rkets_stocks_dc

Hope there's none of that "no panic" selling today. :grin:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rich, I always wondered what your avatar was. Now that I see it disappearing and leaving only the smile behind - is it the Cheshire cat?

Regards,

Vesselin

`I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats COULD grin.'

The Cat only grinned when it saw Alice. It looked good- natured, she thought: still it had VERY long claws and a great many teeth, so she felt that it ought to be treated with respect.

`Cheshire Puss,' she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name: however, it only grinned a little wider. `Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on. `Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.

`I don't much care where--' said Alice.

`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.

`--so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.

`Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.'

Alice felt that this could not be denied, so she tried another question. `What sort of people live about here?'

`In THAT direction,' the Cat said, waving its right paw round, `lives a Hatter: and in THAT direction,' waving the other paw, `lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad.'

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

Alice In Wonderland

We're all mad here. Remind you of someplace?

Rock: My gap indicator when "gap down" after hour.

About the risk of not being short: The risk is in being long. I like cash. Could have gone the other way.

Sweef

I would like some more details on this "gap indicator" of yours, if you are willing to share.

I agree, the risk as of late, is being long, not short. It is a bear market and will be for a long time. However, it all depends on the time frame you like to trade. I do hold core shorts, physical metals and some miner stocks for the long haul. However, most, if not all of of my comments made here on IDS are strictly short term....day trader stuff.

The dismal employment news has provoked great consternation within the Fed. They can and will cut another quarter soon (the 'neutral directive' at the last meeting is already a millstone round their necks). But the cuts are becoming too small in relation to the size of the task.

Dollar devaluation is the last arrow in the quiver. But slitting the throats of the europeans and japanese to save ourselves would only send the world economy into a death spiral.

What to do? Uncle Al had a brainwave last night. We must do the same thing Franklin Deficit Roosevelt did in those dark days of 1933: devalue the dollar AGAINST REAL MONEY: i.e., gold. So Al and Paul O'Neill put the word out to JPM last night: start closing those gold shorts over the next few weeks. The new target price is $350. 'Corporate pricing power' is the byword.

You can see the results already this morning. Gold is a small market, so the trades will have to be done cautiously and incrementally over several weeks to avoid spiking the market. The future looks golden.

Archived