Nancy's End Of Week Contribution To The Cause

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seem to be picking up steam. I am debating adding to RYVNX at close. I wonder if the magic wand will once again appear in the last hour? Just heard on crapvision that traders are afraid of going short into the weekend. I guess they are afraid of the ole war rally. IMO even if the there was a rally youd be able to cover shorts with minimal losses.........Bush is fixing to talk and that usually = sell off so we shall see.

The CRB got hammered down in the past couple of days, but now it's on the upside again.

Opposite messages from gold (down) and crude oil (up again). My impression is that gold's supply chain is a plodding elephant compared to that of crude oil, which is as sensitive as a spider to the thrashing of an insect trapped in its web.

After all, oil is being consumed at a ferocious rate. Very little of the gold supply is being "consumed."

Regarding oil.

All my long positions are now commodities. However, I like to get payed for holding a commodity, so for oil, I bought the Canadian Oil Sands Trust.

It pays just over a 5% divident.

ca:cos.un chart

Canadian Oil Sands Trust

Okay, what's the ya-but. The oil is mixed with fine sand. They have to be seperated. However, this process is becoming more economical all the time. And will become more so as world production declines and world demand (ie., China and India) increases.

Hubbert's Peak: The future of oil

And as far as I'm aware, Saudi-style fanatical Wahabi Islam doesn't get much play over in Alberta, Canada.

The CRB got hammered down in the past couple of days, but now it's on the upside again.

Opposite messages from gold (down) and crude oil (up again). My impression is that gold's supply chain is a plodding elephant compared to that of crude oil, which is as sensitive as a spider to the thrashing of an insect trapped in its web.

After all, oil is being consumed at a ferocious rate. Very little of the gold supply is being "consumed."

Regarding oil.

All my long positions are now commodities. However, I like to get payed for holding a commodity, so for oil, I bought the Canadian Oil Sands Trust.

It pays just over a 5% divident.

ca:cos.un chart

Canadian Oil Sands Trust

Okay, what's the ya-but. The oil is mixed with fine sand. They have to be seperated. However, this process is becoming more economical all the time. And will become more so as world production declines and world demand (ie., China and India) increases.

Hubbert's Peak: The future of oil

And as far as I'm aware, Saudi-style fanatical Wahabi Islam doesn't get much play over in Alberta, Canada.

Er, make that 5% dividend.

;)

Archived