A Valentine's Day IP Request

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading yesterday's thread there was a question I didn't get a chance to respond to on breaking merchant chip companies down... As I mentioned, Analog is the strongest area... someone proposed that you should make picks by underlying application... IMO, this won't work... Because some of the applications are Digital, which is still in a recession in the chip industry... Analog is doing respectably well, note ADI - Analog Devices today up 1.60 - that is why I will shy away from shorting the likes of MXIM or LLTC, for example... I wouldn't be shy about shorting the equipment side though, they are going nowhere....

Ciao..

Fartfolio manager: that was good insight, completely agree. In a down economy, analog players have a more stable pipeline serving traditional, low-growth markets than digital players. Wireless chip players can attract lots of attention and therefore are also dangerous shorts, such as ISIL.

Have a hard time understanding why CYMI has been holding up so well...I'm still holding my short on this one.

Intra-day distributional top on the Q"s

Should break down by days end, may hit 24.09 hysterical top

Either way

Tuesday-Wednesday we more than likely see 22.43 to as low as 21.68, the bottom of wave V of this 3rd....

Bounce will be in the 24.30 to 24.50 on Q's range after that... but I would prefer to ride this last drop down first... then COVER

Archived