Quarterly Digger - Till the Top

Waiting for confirmation with silver above $32.50 and gold above $1730. If those don't occur/hold there will be a fallback.

Playing in the regular markets while I wait. 3D printier imagining seems the most promising,  that is where you create solid objects from a special printer. It has been around for a few years now but becoming commonplace.  Medical implication could be rewarding.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congress can't produce a budget (for years) so they just raise the debt ceiling again but they have no problem drawing up gun legislation exempting federal employees, fascinating that I would ever see these days.

Gold and silver failed, I think, miserably. The near term future looks even bleaker for the PMs and miners.

I am afraid the sector drifts downward looking for old price supports.

Cash is a position. Better yet, the regular markets are a better place to park for at least 6 months until the picture in gold becomes clearer. If you have a job you probably can wait it out and withstand the pain and even then you should probably lighten up on positions. Physical holdings are better sat on as transactions come more and more under scrutiny but silver seems a bit off the radar yet.

Armstrong does the contrarian view here...

• 2 weeks later...

Get ready for spot-g in the $1500s a close below $1650 today with a confirming drop to $1620 soon. A basing out at $1550 would be the logical choice with maybe a intraday spike down to $1520. Could play out and finish in May or June.

World currency values need to rise and fall together or trade balances will get out of wack and the first currency to panic by using higher rates of return to attract buyers will get crushed by world banks or all out conventional war.  Iran is under tremendous pressure with internal inflation and alternative black markets in US$ and gold.

The US is just to resilient or the last chance cafe on the road to no-rule-of-law ruin. Japan crumbles and that crutch will be gone for US bond shenanigans. Euroland needs to show some productive output or they are a paper tiger. China being praised because they can finally take care of themselves, feeding themselves year to year is yet to be seen.

Everyone expects zero % rates to end with inflation but can't say when that will occur. I said before, joe six pack can handle little or even no growth (GDP), it's the banks that are hanging on for dear life in a deflationary environment. Higher food and fuel prices only reflect US$ weakness and so to higher regular share prices as nobody is trading except bots but even bots are programmed to park money somewhere.

Miners going down further along with spot prices, can't be helped. Wish I was wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Notice how the smart guys like Armstrong and Sinclair are getting all excited. Writing more, arranging more meetings, issuing dire warnings, etc. You would think they don't read and believe there own material or act like they can prepare the ignorant masses for what is coming.

Whatever you have stored away, governments will lop off a zero or two maybe issue new artwork making the old artwork inexchangable or exchanged for a lot less than you figured on. Gold and silver conversions will be either disallowed or taxed at some godawful rate. Mining stocks confiscation, assets replaced with a govenment IOU, etc. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I am beginning to think stockpiling Jack Daniel's for barter isn't such a bad idea for further down the road.

Gold and silver still range bound. I wouldn't even think of buying anything gold related until about $1720 is cleared and holds for a week or so. Watch the bottom of the range, could be a trap door but I think more sideways for three months.

Notice how the smart guys like Armstrong and Sinclair are getting all excited. Writing more, arranging more meetings, issuing dire warnings, etc. You would think they don't read and believe there own material or act like they can prepare the ignorant masses for what is coming.

Whatever you have stored away, governments will lop off a zero or two maybe issue new artwork making the old artwork inexchangable or exchanged for a lot less than you figured on. Gold and silver conversions will be either disallowed or taxed at some godawful rate. Mining stocks confiscation, assets replaced with a govenment IOU, etc. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I am beginning to think stockpiling Jack Daniel's for barter isn't such a bad idea for further down the road.

Gold and silver still range bound. I wouldn't even think of buying anything gold related until about $1720 is cleared and holds for a week or so. Watch the bottom of the range, could be a trap door but I think more sideways for three months.

Bought a couple bottles of smirnoff vodka on sale few days ago. Got quit a stash over the years. I drink about a bottle of beer twice a year.

Have to think what will be the shortages. Know international trade continues to decline.

• 4 weeks later...

“Gold’s Bull Market is Over & Multi-Year BEAR Market Has Begun”

For months, Mr. Neely has been warning NEoWave Trading service subscribers that Gold’s bull market was ending – and that a new, multi-year BEAR market was on the horizon.

In fact, on April 15, Mr. Neely emailed this alert to subscribers: “Based on its decline the last few days, there is no doubt Gold’s bull market is over (it peaked in the summer of 2011 but the pattern off 1999’s low didn’t end until late March or maybe even as late as last week). Just today, Gold was down more than $100/ounce at one point! Such a hyper-collapse only occurs at the start of a major (probably multi-decade) downtrend.”

In an interview recorded on April 18, Mr. Neely pronounced: “It’s official – on February 5, 2013, Gold began a new, multi-year BEAR market.” He added, “This is just the first shock of what should be a multi-year decline in Gold of almost unprecedented magnitude. This is the beginning of what should be one of the largest, fastest declines in gold in history. … The Gold market will be very interesting in the next few months. Get ready!”

http://www.neowave.com/company-interview-20130418.asp

http://www.neowave.com/audiointerviews/20130418/audiointerview.mp3

If Joke head south what will happen to Gold????

post-8570-0-29380800-1366836130_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

It is interesting to note that in the last two years, sentiment swings have held a much more reasonable range. The extended topping action probably had something to do with that. More to the point is that recent bearish sentiment has been fairly low, considering the sharp decline in precious metals prices. This does not tell us if prices are going to continue lower, but it does show us that bearishness has not reached the kind of extremes that would prompt us to start looking for a price bottom.

http://blogs.decisionpoint.com/chart_spotlight/2013/05/20130503cs.html

6a0120a65d6eb8970b019101c3ac4c970c-pi

• 1 month later...

Archived