Gaming Uncle Al

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also notice most onthis board think Bush is stupid. I wonder how many of you have held office and have MBA's ? Enough said.

Hmmm, and I always thought that the definition of a politician was a lawyer who wasn't smart enough to make it on his own! Live and learn. :huh:

Politician and MBA..Now that's something to be proud of :lol:

Not EVERYONE thinks Bush is stupid.

The reason I do not say much about this is because this is not a political board. However, I must admit that political decisions do effect the markets. So, the 2 are intertwined.

I agree with him on terrorism because of Jon Doe #2 and the OKC bombing and the fact that JD#2 was an ex Iraqi soldier that went to work at Boston Logan Airport after the OKC bombing. (to this day the FBI will not answer inquiries from Congress regarding JD#2 even though reporters seem to be able to find out plenty about him.) Although I am still wondering when politicians are going to do something about illegal immigration. Republicans think illegal immigrants = cheap labor. Democrats think illegal immigrants = future votes and maybe even votes from legal immigrants that sympathize.

Bush inherited a mess from Clinton.

I agree with Bush on dividends although I stil think that the market is over valued and dividend tax cuts will not stop the down trend.

He seems to be the first president in a long time that tries to be honest.

I disagree with ALL politicians, including Bush, on NAFTA. I think it has encouraged companies to move to Mexico, and with them production jobs. Jobs=economic prosperity and until politicians find a way to bring back the lost production jobs, we will continue to be on a muddle through/recessionary economy.

Bush has had the opinion that the government should deficit spend when we are in a recession. Although I hate the idea of going in to debt, I cannot disagree with his methods. If I were in the same boat, I might do the same thing.

Jackn3: The Lizard King INcomPOTENT?

No arguments. Senator Bunning telling the truth?

Yep Greenspan should have started printing

money sooner and faster.

And he should have started

dive bombing us with the stuff.

And by now I should have been able to

fill my pool up with the stuff.

And maybe if I run for office and mail order an MBA

I will no longer be a DUMBASS.

Hell I used to have a good curb ball. And in my youth

I snorted various stupid things. :blink:

Maybe I have what it takes.

Maybe I could start by bothering to VOTE.

The interesting part of Albo's speech today was the focus on accrual accounting, which is for the most part the right way, but also the easily distorted version of accounting. Cash is cash and is the quick and easy way to do it. Accrual is more complex (revenue recognition is a major point) and is definitely more susceptible to shenanigans. The last thing I want is a government run on estimates because they have been so poor in estimating in the past.

If the government switches to accrual accounting, expect to see the finished product look so much better (until they have to adjust their estimates).

Tonight's DUMB-ASS statement comes from Kudlow. He said that everyone has to get serious and start dressing seriously (not business casual). He claims it was the lax attitude, brought on by casual dress, that caused the mess we're in now.

Oooo-kay

you have got to be kidding me.

Is it really possible to get dumber by the day?

I'm speechless after that one.

Tonight's DUMB-ASS statement comes from Kudlow.  He said that everyone has to get serious and start dressing seriously (not business casual).  He claims it was the lax attitude, brought on by casual dress, that caused the mess we're in now.

Oooo-kay

you have got to be kidding me.

Is it really possible to get dumber by the day?

I'm speechless after that one.

I kid you not, how sad is that?!

Yep, I heard it to. He said that todays casual corporate dress codes contributed to casual attitudes in other areas such as accounting, etc.

Amazing how stupid he is.

He said nothing about Greenspan pumping liquidity in to the system and causing the stock market bubble in the first place.

If a car salesman dresses nice...he will not shaft you? LOL!

Just another chapter in the life of Dumblow-The Perma-Bull.

Mark & Buddha, have to agree with the others, your best yet...

B4 you gave me a laugh too..

Very interesting comments on Al's speech, which I haven't heard or read. Well he's the one with the inside story so I guess if he's seeing the cracks then our most bearish scenarios will play out (not quite as bearish as Hypertiger's I hope).

We closed below the Sept 01 lows yesterday but didn't drop enough to take out Oct 02 and today we're stuck in a trading range between the two levels. All Ords is up marginally atm and stocks are mixed. Doubt whether we'll crash through the Oct low today but tomorrow is a strong possibility especially after all those nasties Mr Hanky posted..

Some put/call notes...

Equity p/c 21 day moving average at 0.74. Still short and wont change until the mid to high 0.80s. Whoever has been buying the QQQ puts did some damage to the figure the past few days, but the underlying theme is evident with today's 0.67. People are bullish! Unfortunately, most people are also stupid (save the stoolies of course) so they will lose.

The composite 21 day moving average sits at 0.87. Nice, getting to where it will be decent for a long or twelve, but not there yet. I am personally looking for roughly 0.94-0.96 on the 21dma to cover and switch to the dark side (long) this go around.

Open interest p/c has subsided since its trip to the 0.76s last Thursday and has worked its way down to 0.75308, which means for every open put contract there are 1.327885 call contracts at the CBOE.

On another note, Brian4...leaps are included in the p/c ratios just so you know, Shaeffer had a note about them the other day that verified that the composite includes all option activity at the CBOE.

krudlow

Should America buy stocks when the market reopens on Monday? Absolutely. In a New York second. They should invest in the long-term future of America's freedom and democracy, and in its golden, long-run track record of entrepreneurship and wealth creation.

For starters, we should buy for patriotic reasons.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/larryku...k20010917.shtml

2+ years of ridiculous statements found here

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/larryku...w/archive.shtml

this guy is an outright asshole.people suffer greatly from the trash he spews.people are now loosing their life savings because of him

No wonder people keep holding and hoping when their news is spun thusly:

Thanks a lot, AMAT

. . . Wall Street also worked to discern the message behind Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's remarks to Congress on the health of the U.S. economy, the central bank's monetary policy and the Bush administration's proposed tax package.

In his prepared remarks, which were followed by questions from Senate Banking Committee members, Greenspan said policy makers should wait for the geopolitical tensions to clear before implementing large-scale stimulus measures. He also called for more discipline to control the swelling federal budget deficit.

"Greenspan is guardedly optimistic, but for the uncertainty that Iraq presents," said Douglas Altabef, managing director at Matrix Asset Advisors.

The Fed chairman said the central bank believes that when the risk of war with Iraq is lifted, business spending and the economy will rebound, although he said that is not certain.

:blink:

Mark: Is the above mentioned Matrix Asset Advisors affiliated with the Matrix you refer to from time to time?

Archived