Quarterly Digger - Til the Fireworks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good time to try and catch about 50% of the next leg up of an intermediate trend if you remember to sell for profit. 10 shares, 100 shares, 1000 shares or whatever even if for practice. No sense in trying to pick the exact bottom, buy or add on any dips for the next couple of months. I'd forget about going all in as long as the US$ is up.

I had sold any HL held longer than a year already and bought back in with some $5 and $5.50 options on the way down to the silver low, I hope it was the silver low. This besides all the other miners I have like NG NGD GORO and a bunch of explorers mostly Cadadians. And then all the long shots at option pricing but they never expire just go broke paying the officers of the companies.

Armstrong June 14th, 2012

Glad Armstrong continues writing during these once in a lifetime events regarding world history while most take a wait and see attitude or are just plain overwhelmed.

Only flaw I can find, is with timing human nature. An example would be when Greek authority (police) sided with their own citizens during unrest against, mainly, the big banks and refused to arrest or disperse unruly protestors. This gave banksters pause, for without enforcement (fear) the focus turns to the banking system itself. Or, the debt slave lab rats begin to bite back. Not that it will end their suffering but they can try to bear the pain on their own terms.

Only difference here with US citizens is that they are still numb to a point of being passive.

Maybe lacking in his writings is mentioning the rule of law or lack of it in trading markets. Like the banksters are just mafia in action and as long as they get their cut via their Congressionally approved trading schemes, the US economy can afford to coexist a little longer.

I'm still getting 0% interest transfer rate offer until Sept. 2013 (of course the 3%-5% fee applies to the amount transferred). Looks like Bernie will continue the 0% offer trend until the end of the year as citizens hoard and giving the money away, money isn't finding its way back into the system, unless you consider paying off debt a growth cycle. Bernie can't understand why the money pumping isn't working but does wonders for the bank board salaries as the economy bounces along the bottom.

Not that it matters much to the trend but markets waiting for the Supreme's ruling on O'bummer Care. Like typical lawyers, won't come down until the last working day of the month.

World banksters could work in concert to sell off gold to drive the price down and flush the longs out. To much cash flowing into gold purchases and will be blamed for hoarding and not investing in economies. If that were to happen, it wouldn't be until the middle of next year or so.

For the smile be happy gold news, read Sinclair.

HUI had an interday spike down to around 420 and closed any remaining possible gaps in that range. Now, the gaps are above and HUI hasn't panicked backup which would leave more gaps, so that is a good thing. I perfer an orderly base building here even if it's for a mini launch in August.

Supreme Court:

Didn't the Court's dissenting opinion already address this issue of the Federal Government ignoring its own laws while States try to enforce them? And then this announcement that the current administration will follow its own guidelines on immigration enforcement.

We have a troubled court and troubled current administration that can solve nothing while Congress, with its less than 10% approval rating, is busy doing what?

-------

I really have no idea what the decision on O'bummer Care will be, considering a bunch of lawyers are at the controls.

Strike the entire law and the markets crash due to lack of funding to run the country.

Selectively striking parts of the law and the markets go sideways.

Strike only the mandate for forced enrollment or pay a penalty and the markets go up.

Leaving the law intact would conform to having a government mandate ruled legal such as Social Security (a forced investment scheme), not unlike a forced healthcare policy.

Anyway it goes, takes about a week for the markets to settle down, kinda like Facebook's share price.

Gold and silver just continue their long term climbs.

• 3 weeks later...

Markets working through the health care ramifications and trying to price them into stock prices. Tough job since many of the regulations are administratively, arbritarily and yet to be produced which leaves tax attornerys and CPAs guessing (looking for those loopholes). House of Representives could defund the health care law [all appropriations (spending) originate in the House] without the Senate's input, I don't think they have the nuts to do it.

25% chance of gold and miners falling off a cliff if closing below the $1520 area. Good news is that the HUI has filled some gaps near the 420 area which would normally make for a good basing. RGLD reading sideways or down immediate term. The beginning of August will decide this sector's direction for about the following 30 days.

The last thing I said almost two months ago was "Amen" when gold was bouncing off 1550 and now it's past the second quarter. Should we consider the 1550 solid rock bottom? Sure would be nice to start off like we did back in July 2011.

I guess we should wait to start a new thread until we feel like the "fireworks" have started.

Charmin: You could pick a spot gold price to exceed before you start a new thread. $1600 $1625 $1700 $1800... might be a long wait though, depending on which number you pick, maybe years worth of waiting.

I think the $1520 area is the floor, below that and bad things happen. Above that to the old high and gold is just range bound.

Miners being shown very little interest even though some of the oddball sub penny stocks I watch are still kicking so there might be a move up in this sector's future even if it lasts a couple of months.

New future looming dividend taxes plus higher brackets aren't going to help markets much plus any robust economy *cough* or higher taxes will not payoff or paydown the debt problem, here or worldwide which lately is one in the same.

Then you have the manipulation whiners, which is pretty much a way of life in this sector, that can't understand why the metals and its sector never go anywhere. Maybe it's because it's being manipulated. Plan accordingly.

http://www.traderdan...i.blogspot.com/

Norcini seems to think that $1700 confirms a leg up. I'm thinking it is all a retrace sideways unless $1900 or so is broken through.

Even if a run up occurs for 30 days, catching 50% of the move justifies the investment. Don't forget to sell at some point esp. if Congress can't agree on a tax package to prevent the regular markets from tanking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived