Anaemic attrition

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QE lite?

"The Fed is considering buying bonds but sterilizing the proceeds, as the ECB does with the SMP. It would be an attempt to further cap long-term yields while damping down inflation concerns.

Mr Dollar doesn’t like the sound of any further QE. Mr. Stock Market loves it! Gold loves it as well, though the new program would not increase the overall money supply.

Given the source (the WSJ), the market will assume this is a purposeful leak from the Fed, whether or not it is or not…."

Anecdotal, but here in Austin TX, the housing market in good school area is heating up, friends looking for home are being force to make an offer in 24hrs after house comes on market and multiple offers on homes are being seen, even for the not the most desirable homes in our neighborhood.

same here in NJ

I was watching 7 houses that went on the market over the past few months

6 of then went "under contract" last week

Buyer interest is at a level that hasn't existed since 2006

The amount of gasoline out there in the form of low rates is HUGE, if someone lights a match LOA

same here in NJ

I was watching 7 houses that went on the market over the past few months

6 of then went "under contract" last week

Buyer interest is at a level that hasn't existed since 2006

The amount of gasoline out there in the form of low rates is HUGE, if someone lights a match LOA

6 years of continued freefalling here,with lower prints every single month without fail,even in the good neighborhoods.The only exception is highrises like i am in which have almost no supply so they have stayed reasonably stable.

Even with plummeting prices here,rents have not really dropped much in comparison.So it is cheaper to own than rent,especially since property taxes are miniscule out here.....

6 years of continued freefalling here,with lower prints every single month without fail,even in the good neighborhoods.The only exception is highrises like i am in which have almost no supply so they have stayed reasonably stable.

Even with plummeting prices here,rents have not really dropped much in comparison.So it is cheaper to own than rent,especially since property taxes are miniscule out here.....

Thanks everyone for the reports on the housing markets at various locations around the country. I remember reading that Las Vegas housing took a much harder hit than the rest of the country. I think one reason was that it had run up higher and faster than other areas to begin with. But there were also other reasons which slip my mind. Maybe water shortage issues for the future?

Thanks everyone for the reports on the housing markets at various locations around the country. I remember reading that Las Vegas housing took a much harder hit than the rest of the country. I think one reason was that it had run up higher and faster than other areas to begin with. But there were also other reasons which slip my mind. Maybe water shortage issues for the future?

It's too easy to walk away when you pay $500k and it's worth $150k or less now.It's going to be a problem for quite awhile here.Some homes and condos here are even down 75%-85% in some cases.

The good news is that 55% of all sales the last 2 to 3 years are CASH,which means a MUCH healthier market in another 3 to 5 years.

Archived