• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a Persian pimp who's a goose

And his clients all like a big caboose

There will be many frowns

If the mullahs shut him down

So all eyes are on a Straight-Whore-Moose

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/30/world/middleeast/iran-more-threats-over-waterway.html

More evidence that demand in the US doesn't weigh on oil price as it once did:

"Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels. "

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-gas-other-fuels-top-200739135.html;_ylt=Apguj0TireKi10osbhBj1UiiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTNyc2dxdTJwBG1pdANGUCBUb3AgU3RvcnkgTGVmdARwa2cDZmI2MjhlMzktMjRmZC0zNDM3LThjNTAtMjRhMWYwMzMwM2NkBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyA2ZlMWZlNWYwLTMzMjctMTFlMS1iYmNkLTdjYWE5ZmQwOGExYg--;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Thanks for the link

"Goldman's forecasts for 2011"

"year-end S&P 500 price target at 1450 (Friday, Dec. 23's close: 1265 actual); "

"Below are Goldman Sachs' forecasts for 2012:

2012 U.S. real GDP up 1.8%, and global GDP up 3.2%;

2012 S&P 500 operating profits of $100 a share;

year-end 2012 S&P 500 price target at 1250;

2012 inflation of +1.7%; and

2012 closing yield on the U.S.10-year Treasury note at 2.50%.

"

Sounds like 2012 is going to be great for bulls.

Thankfully it was my best year ever counting actual dollars in my pocket (cap gains and divvies),but it was second to the internet bubble days of 1999 as far as percentage gains.

I am not expecting the same for me next year.I would be very happy to be up 10% including divvies next year.But I got a feeling 2012 is gonna be very tough indeed. :unsure:

Thankfully it was my best year ever counting actual dollars in my pocket (cap gains and divvies),but it was second to the internet bubble days of 1999 as far as percentage gains.

I am not expecting the same for me next year.I would be very happy to be up 10% including divvies next year.But I got a feeling 2012 is gonna be very tough indeed. :unsure:

Congratulations, it pays to be concerned all the time. :D

Happy New Year!

(That has to be one of the most depressing new Year articles I have ever read).

Happy New Year!

That was an interesting read about all the frightening global aspects to 1932. I had no idea the world was such a frightening place at the time.

...and to think in 1932 the smaht guy bought schlocks and made veritable fortunes within a year or two, if they held. This was dependent upon actually having money to spare for investing in the schlock market. Very few could say or do that.

All the doom and gloom inherent with present time and 2012 forecasting and predictions, of which I haven't seen one positive market projection yet [nope, not one!]...kinda has my contrarian nature buzzing loudly.

I mean really, even Goldman Slackers has a 1250 target for year end 2012. Goldman low-balling has got to be a sign.

2012 may well turn out to be the 1932, 2003 schlock market. This summer and fall of 2011 may have been an extended bottoming process similar to 1932 and 2002-2003.

One of my steadfast rules for big picture trading:

Always buy schlocks 3 years after a schlock crash

The Aztec or Mayan Calendar worshippers? Give me a friggin' break already! The morans couldn't even conceive of an arch in their masonry structures! :lol:

So, I'll be the lone, lame duck and predict a very good year for schlocks, eventually or whenever...maybe :unsure: :lol:

Obama ends the year by signing NDAA as his last act of business for 2011.

With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Indefinite Detention of American Citizens.

including a controversial component that would allow the military to indefinitely detain terror suspects, including American citizens arrested in the United States, without charge.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/with-reservations-obama-signs-act-to-allow-detention-of-citizens/

Our nation inches ever closer to a totalitarian dictatorship...little by little, so as not to alarm the sleeping sheep too much at any one time, just like Hitler did.

The American people had better make a stand pretty soon before it is too late.

At least the comments section shows some hope that folks are waking up…..pretty much universally condemning Obama for not vetoing it.

Here is one from federal employee.

Heartbreaking is what this is.

I am horrified and ashamed as a federal employee to see this happen. I swore the same oath as the president and all other federal civilians and military to protect this Nation and the Constitution of this United States of America. This act is in direct conflict with that oath.

How many of our citizens will be ‘disappeared’ before there is a public outcry? How long before a comment such as this is deemed ‘enough’ to indefinitely detain without charge? How long?

Good video from Freedom Watch regarding this.

Happy New Year America...maybe 2012 is not the end of the world, but instead the beginning of the great awakening...let's hope so.

Feel free to delete if too controversial.

Archived