Giving Tanks To The Glad Gladiator

Every day, Glad comes here to open the IDS threads with poignant or humorous messages of inspiration. They set a tone that helps us to stay centered, and remember what's important, surely different from the typical trading message board. It's part of what sets us apart. I believe it's part of what helps you be successful in this game.

What he does takes time and effort. He does it as a volunteer.

I'd like to give Glad some recognition by posting this button!

It's a way to allow you to send Glad a token of your appreciation, and at the same time support the continued operation of your message board. Two thirds of your gift will go to Glad as thanks for his hard work and thoughtful contribtuions to our success every day. The balance will go toward the monthly cost of maintaining, serving, and adminstering your Stool Pigeons Wire. Costs which have grown expoentially as the board has grown.

I know that Glad will appreciate hearing from you, and I will too!

Long live Intraday Stool. Long live Gladiator!

Many tanks!

Doc

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish to publicly thank you, Doc, for your creation of The Gladiator Fund as well as those of you who have kindly contributed to it. I greatly appreciate your acknowledgment of my service here, something that apparently has been making a difference in your lives as well as adding a new dimension to mine.

Litlle did I know when I started my stewardship here last July 1 that I would still be doing it seven-and-a-half months later. Or the way it would develop over this period of time. I am very gratified that my efforts are helping Doc create something very, very special here, an oasis of strength, sanity and warmth amidst an increasingly fragmented and irrational environment, an oasis that has attracted some of the finest, brightest and compassionate people it has been my privilege to meet.

I will continue to strive to do my very best in serving you as Doc's IDS Steward in a balanced manner, in ways reflective and responsive to your needs so as to be in support of your own personal goals. What I ask of you in return is to always keep in mind that what we have here is very unique and to please never take it for granted.

Archived