14 trading hours,700+ points

Computer maintenance for me is running the vacum cleaner over it every now and then. I use the brush attachment... :lol: :D

...really! :huh:

A word to the wise ass :lol: this is true: be careful getting the motor from a vacuum cleaner too close to a hard drive. If you've got a good vacuum, the motor might be strong enough to throw an electrical field that can erase data. Seriously. Please do not ask me for details on how I know this to be true. :blush: :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A word to the wise ass :lol: this is true: be careful getting the motor from a vacuum cleaner too close to a hard drive. If you've got a good vacuum, the motor might be strong enough to throw an electrical field that can erase data. Seriously. Please do not ask me for details on how I know this to be true. :blush: :(

Yep, motors, magnets and hard drives don't jive. The long hose, which is plasticy :blink: , gives good isolation.

Has anybody noticed you can't get good bristles on anything nowadays?

We need micro-loans to Afghani villages to produce classic horsehair and camelhair brushes for the vacum cleaner, paint brushes and floor brushes. Sell 'em at Walmart. Everybody wins! No China crap...

Real brushes for the people!

Archived