*Ding Dong* Margin Call

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

italy/spain

new euroland emergency bailouts

by tomorrow

I read that Italy and Spain are too big to bail out. But I guess they can pretend.

I think that a lot of U.S. folks with their money in the markets were just looking at the U.S. debt ceiling debate. As someone mentioned on IDS I think, it seems it was distracting folks from what was happening in Italy and Spain. Folks in the U.S. aren't very aware of what's going on elsewhere.

You know the joke Canadians tell about Americans?

"How many Americans does it take to change a light bulb?"

"Just one. He just stands still holding the light bulb in the socket, while the world revolves around him."

Had to run out earlier,my parters father passed away at only 60.He has an alcohoic among other severe medical problems.They have not even seen each other or really spoke in 12 years since they had "issues",but it does not seem to make it any easier.

uggh...

My condolences to you and your partner. Went thru the same kind of thing with my father-in-law. Alcoholic, lasted into his 80's. Left the mother and two kids before they were 10. Did nothing for them their whole lives. Then when the going got tough, it was up to his daughter to find and support his care.

After the funeral, there was a big fight over the ashes with the bitch he ran off with.

That's life. Not easy to deal with it.

Archived