The Grind Lower Continues

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my GOODNESS GRACIOUS MEOHMYYYYY Mr. TwoScrews! (and GF)

The BARE posted then read the thread BASSACKWARDS (his general approach to life LOLOL) and thot FUR a minute you were reFURring to HRFF hisself!!!

Thus, it wuz a RELIEF to discover you were in a ROYAL SWIVET/SNIT about Mr Cramer, instead.

(Just between you and me and that TREE: The BARE would make a terrible organ grinder!!!)

The BARE hASS a confession to make, namely, that of IMMEDIATELY experiencing rapidly intensifying "cognitive dissonance" whenever recalling that KUDLOW WENT TO PRINCETON (albeit as a GRAD STUDENT).

It just doesn't make ANY sense to him at ALL, butt who says THIS world is SUPPOSED to make sense?

And ASS to Cramer? Well, when HRFF sees those two birds on the telly YAPPING MINDLESSLY away,

he only can think of what his MOTHER says:

"Water," she says, sometimes, when observing human behavior, "has a way of seeking it's own level!"

Maybe, CHARITABLY, we could view these two as some sort of conceptual FREAK SHOW? some intellectual CHAMBER OF HORRORS? LOLOL

Stool! Why don't you invite them in FUR a GUEST APPEARANCE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc:

While I do not like J. C. Crammer, there were/are several really good columnst at Street.com. A few years ago, a guy called Brett D. Fromson, who used to work at street.com, interviewed Marc Perkins. The interview has a paragraph that offers good description of the frustration of low volume in 70s bear market.

Marc Perkins:

I used to trade with him (Warren Buffett) when I was at Salomon . He was a customer of Salomon back in the early '70s, and I can remember when he was buying bank stocks in 1971, the doggy banks, not the growth stock banks. He was buying Harris Trust. And the Manufacturer's Hanover Trust department called up and said they had a big block of stock in Harris Trust for sale. Buffett had a trader, a fellow by the name of Bill Scott in his office in Omaha. And we called Bill Scott and said, "We got a block of Harris Trust for sale." The stock was around $49 and he said, "I'll pay $47." And so we called Manny Hanny back and told them he said he'd pay $47 and they said, "That's ridiculous, down 2 points. That's crazy." Of course, Harris Trust didn't trade very much, so Buffett was the only buyer around.

So we called Scott back and said, "The seller won't go below the market. They'll sell it for 48.5," and Buffett's response was, "Tell them we're not interested." So, we call Manny Hanny back and say, "There are no bids." "What do you mean no bids?" they say. "Tell 'em I'll sell 'em at 47." So Buffett's guy says, "47 is no good any more. We've gone on to something else and we're just not interested." So the Manny Hanny guy couldn't believe that somebody just walked away. So he now starts calling everybody on the Street trying to sell and the next thing you know, the stock is around 44. And he'd call us back back and ask, "Can you buy it now?" And I would call Buffett back and he would say, "I'll pay 42."

That's his whole deal. Iron-willed discipline. People who know what they know and know what they're good at survive over time.

rest of story

With NO offense to Mr Buffet or anyone who made money in the last fourty years.

Nobody Alive today has been witness to this bear market. This bear market is the biggest, baddest bear market there ever was (not proven yet, and i hope it ain't). We are still trading at 38 times earnings for xmas sake and 6x book. Can anyone say 3500! dow.

Just in the last week, i had three people come in to my office and say that they feel their brokers are not paying enough attention to what is going on in the market place. This is a sign that "the point of recognition" is at hand. They where older individuals with alot of money. If that is happening all over the country then, we are here and this is NOW.

You know what i mean. :wink2:

You're right. The light is finally starting to go off.

My father finally caved the other day and not only is he now going to sweep the trash out of his account but is very interested in Prudent Bear fund.

Eventhough redemptions are 2x of 1988, they are only <1% of amount still remaining.

That's one huge wall of selling pressure ahead.

The mass exodus will slowly snowball and be the main driver behind the expected persistent cascade grind-down from the 5 year H&S neckline.

It will truly be a sight to behold.

Pile,

After listening to me for an hour and a half they picked up my phone and called their broker and sold right then and there.

They now have piece of mind.

The fund managers NOW, no longer have that 2 million (total).

With the low cash reserves that those MF guys have, it most likely has already started.

It will be a site to be in awe of.

The investors of this market will be going to church real soon.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret.

Two weekends ago, Jimmy Jones Cramer was interviewed live on an obscure AM radio station here in Los Angeles on a Saturday morning.

When nobody is listening, of course.

He told the radio host that he SOLD OUT OF THE STOCK MARKET IN SEPTEMBER 2000 and has been in BONDS and GINNIE MAES ever since.

He said he still played around with some stocks, but they were less than 10% of his portfolio.

Something is wrong with Cramer- I mean, really wrong.

Anyway, my partner tells of listening to Cramer's radio show on the drive home from his office: Monday morning, Cramer will be going long in order to set himself up for the big war rally, a very long lasting market climb. All his money, everything he can "get his hands on," except for a little left in checking and savings will go into these long positions. He advises his listeners to do likewise.

So, which is it? Is Cramer in or out? Is Cramer misleading people? Cramer seems to have proclaimed time and again his propensity for buying stocks. Seems to be the norm for wall street and politicians these days. Speak with a forked tongue because these people/con artists/shills are held accountable to whole differnt set of standards than us common folk.

I have an idea. As Martha would say, not a good thing.

My idea is that we start a forum called Cramer Stool where we dig up every moronic dumshit piece of advice he has ever given. With over 1000 members on the board, each one of you should find just one unique item to add to the list. Then we could also get a few of you rocket scientists to calculate the performace of his stock picks from the day he pubicly recommended them to the day he pubicly said to sell.  We could call it the Jimmy Jones Cramer Koolaid Portfolio.

Doc,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have the time to read through that volume of material. Although I would laugh my ass off. A few months ago Cramer spoke at my in-laws temple. I was invited but I refused to go, calling him a moron. I was able to forward tonight's juicy tidbit over to him though, maybe he won't go to the next Cramer love in.

SB

A perfect song for jimmy jones cramer. :grin:

I live uptown

I live downtown

I live all around

I had money, and I had none

I had money, and I had none

But I never been so broke

That I couldn't leave town

I'm a Changeling

See me change

I'm a Changelin'

See me change

I'm the air you breath

Food you eat

Friends your greet

In the sullen street, wow

See me change

See me change, you

I live uptown

I live downtown

I live all around

I had money, yeah, and I had none

I had money, yeah, and I had none

But I never been so broke

That I couldn't leave town

Well, I'm the air you breath

Food you eat

Friends your greet

In the sullen street, wow

Ew ma!

Uh, ah!

You gotta see me change

See me change

Yeah, I'm leavin' town

On a midnight train

Gotta see me change

Change, change, change

Change, change, change

Change, change, change

Change, change, change

Woa, change, change, change

From the LA women album.

ALL NEW YORK CITY AREA STOOLIES

I've posted in the "Important" area of the "Look Out Below" (LOB) board the time and place for the first ever American Society of Shortsellers (ASS) Convention on Turdsday, March 6th. An historic event you won't want to miss!

Archived