Monthly Digger - April 2011

It seems like every day there is a little surprise waiting to happen. You probably wouldn't expect it to be a surprise when an Dover Sole gold stock gets some short covering. When it happens I get this picture of a bunch of Madagascar animals singing their tune "I like to move it, move it." Somebody knows when its time to move it.

GOLD

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartLib/GOLD_03_31_21_58_1301623084.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the camp that thinks we shortly get a very nice rally to new highs before a sharp correction. Too many people have raised the subject of gold with me lately. The guy installing my office phone service. The guy hanging the plasma display on my wall. It bothers me.

All in for now. But once this gets moving nicely, I expect my hand will be on the eject lever to head to the sidelines for some months. After that, I expect close-your-eyes-and-hold-on craziness to the upside.

I'm in the camp that thinks we shortly get a very nice rally to new highs before a sharp correction. Too many people have raised the subject of gold with me lately. The guy installing my office phone service. The guy hanging the plasma display on my wall. It bothers me.

All in for now. But once this gets moving nicely, I expect my hand will be on the eject lever to head to the sidelines for some months. After that, I expect close-your-eyes-and-hold-on craziness to the upside.

skid- me too. silver is still in bacwardation= no real physical supply that is quite telling. killing the paper shorts

dharma

post-1024-13019895907075.jpg

The high and low numbers from the chart seem to be the trading range. Action is getting a bit toppy.

Fundamentally, as long as Congress keeps making noise about deficit reductions the dollar should react favorably. If the government shuts down due to pouting then I bet the dollar really reacts strongly (up). If this is advanced government at its finest, then we can live without and never miss it.

The US is resilient and it takes time to wear it down. Need to run a war, call the US, need help with a meltdown, call the US (GE designed the reactors), need a bailout for a foreign bank, call the US.

Little later on QE3 will be announced ending this mining sector consolidation. (IMHO, normal caveats)

Still 10% cash

My favorite scenario was a breakout with buy at retest of breakout

Well at least with got the breakout now lets wait and see whether we get a retest or it is up and up and away ( In which case my wife gracefully offered to "invest" the 10% in an house redecoration )

my vote fwiw(nothing) is that we blast out of here. we have spent the last 4 months building a base.1460 is the death zone for this price cycle take that out and we are looking @higher prices. this could move a hundred higher or it could be several hundred higher. ben davies over on king world thinks it will be several hundred. right now for me , i a watching.

dharma

my vote fwiw(nothing) is that we blast out of here. we have spent the last 4 months building a base.1460 is the death zone for this price cycle take that out and we are looking @higher prices. this could move a hundred higher or it could be several hundred higher. ben davies over on king world thinks it will be several hundred. right now for me , i a watching.

dharma

Yes, still thinking similar, still invested 100%, We might see a slight pull back, and I may go on margin, if I get a price that lowers risk.

I'm in too many risky penny golds, hoping to sell off some during a blow off in next couple of months, and then try buying safer mid caps for the next run.

Archived