2 in a row for the bears!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, perhaps the Fed & friends have decided to use the market to demonstrate the need for more QE. And the need to be nice to the banks and not break them up, because we need the banks to be whole to be the driving engine of our recovering economy-- or maybe it's just that the banks will crash the market totally, to get revenge on citizens, if we decide to break them up.

"Stick 'em up! Don't move or your 401K gets it."

Dunno Cap. Was thinking more along the lines that someone finally realized that there are ways to deal with a stock market decline or avenues to re-organize a banking system. Painful but not impossible. But half a dozen politically unstable and potentially hostile regimes across North Africa and the Middle East... Once the House of Saud falls, all bets are off. The lesser of two evils. Pick one.

Dunno Cap. Was thinking more along the lines that someone finally realized that there are ways to deal with a stock market decline or avenues to re-organize a banking system. Painful but not impossible. But half a dozen politically unstable and potentially hostile regimes across North Africa and the Middle East... Once the House of Saud falls, all bets are off. The lesser of two evils. Pick one.

I for one would be very surprised if the House of Saud fell. Rich people don't march in the streets. Poor unemployed people with little to lose do. I suppose the citizens may peacefully demand a few more things of the royalty, and then all parties come to some agreement & that will be the extent of it.

I would rather the big banks be broken up until they are no longer too big to fail-- since TBTF means that the taxpayer ends up bailing them out repeatedly. But, given the way things have been going, I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this to happen. I would also love to see ways to deal with a stock market decline, other than QE, but I won't be holding my breath for that one either.

Would another -100 on the Dow do it tomorrow?

My stuff works off time not price...maybe my mistake. I've already decided that my "time model" is not sufficiently accurate to have it dictate anything but a rough time window for events to happen. :( I'm one third short at present - leaving the possibility open for a bounce into tomorrow or maybe even next week.

where do you get info about daily IDS views from? From main page? If so, traffic in Nov, one IDS was max 6k view. Yesterday was about 5,4k daily view or somehing like that, so yesterday traffic was almost the same, like in NOV.

Could you paste your raw data somewhere?

Yes I just pull it off the forum main page. Those lines are a 5 ema which is why they are lagging. How do I post a file?

I would rather the big banks be broken up until they are no longer too big to fail-- since TBTF means that the taxpayer ends up bailing them out repeatedly. But, given the way things have been going, I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this to happen. I would also love to see ways to deal with a stock market decline, other than QE, but I won't be holding my breath for that one either.

Cap, I think we will get Glass Steagall back....when the people in America protest in front of the Federal Reserve and jam Chris Farley's steel toed boot up Genocide Ben's arse.

I think it will happen here. As the dominoes tip, we are the last to go because we started this shit.

I never thought a crap load of pissed off Arabs would finally make Americans yank the blue tooth from their ears and wake up but they made it happen. 40 year old regimes falling? Whoa daddy. Look ! Over There!! People actually matter!

Hell, I'd like to get a tweezers and pull Helo Ben's beard out one hair at a time for all the crap he has unleashed on the world.

Then after that take the same tweezers and pull the thousands of hairs out of Alan Greenspuds ears and nose.

Cap, I think we will get Glass Steagall back....when the people in America protest in front of the Federal Reserve and jam Chris Farley's steel toed boot up Genocide Ben's arse.

I think it will happen here. As the dominoes tip, we are the last to go because we started this shit.

I never thought a crap load of pissed off Arabs would finally make Americans yank the blue tooth from their ears and wake up but they made it happen. 40 year old regimes falling? Whoa daddy. Look ! Over There!! People actually matter!

Hell, I'd like to get a tweezers and pull Helo Ben's beard out one hair at a time for all the crap he has unleashed on the world.

Then after that take the same tweezers and pull the thousands of hairs out of Alan Greenspuds ears and nose.

As long as it happens on Gitmo while they are being waterboarded and stretched - I don't have a problem with that... :)

post-1110-12985053709131.jpg

Yes I just pull it off the forum main page. Those lines are a 5 ema which is why they are lagging. How do I post a file?

Try a 17 day and a 29 day simple moving average. Then calc and plot the differential of each (detrended price oscillator) on a separate axis. Might be revealing. Might not.

. . .

Shit, I wouldn't waste that much effort on 'em--just use some gasoline and get the job over with pronto. :wub:

I for one would be very surprised if the House of Saud fell. Rich people don't march in the streets. Poor unemployed people with little to lose do. I suppose the citizens may peacefully demand a few more things of the royalty, and then all parties come to some agreement & that will be the extent of it.

There is a mammoth power struggle going on between the repressive, fundamentalist, woman-hating rulers of Saudi Arabia, and the even more oppressive more fanatical wing of the royal family. Do not blithely assume that the heavily armed, well-trained nuttier nuts can't take control.

If they do, things are going to get worse beyond your imagining.

And what is so sickening is that all the U.S. dollars which have kept the Saudis with such influence, need not have been sent to our enemies. The U.S. could have been energy independent for the last couple of decades with the resources and technology we already have (I am NOT talking about solar power, I am talking about natural gas and technologies like RTK's). But big oil and Saudi influence-buyers have squelched that repeatedly.

Archived