Monthly Digger - February 2011

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Another report indicates that JPM may really be on the ropes with their short silver position and are attempting to hedge themselves by buying $1.5 billion worth of copper. According to the Telegraph, the bank has bought "between 50% and 80%" of the 350,000 tonnes in reserve at the London Metal Exchange. ZeroHedge opines that "JP Morgan is now intent on cornering the copper market, as the monopolist firm stretches its FRBNY-facilitated muscles in an attempt to stem the massive losses incurred via its silver short...

sfgate.com

dharma, one possible scenario that would correlate with what you have said you expect with respect to PMs over the next several months:

No QE3 in response to various ills, i.e., high commodity/food prices and revolution across the globe, attributed in significant part to US monetary policy, tanking metals in a few months.

Then QE3+ revived months later in response to the resulting implosion, resumption of metals bull with extreme force, at that point it being clear there is no alternative, that austerity is not possible.

I agree

And another top 20 trading days later

yes, i have tomorrow as an astro day, either a short term top or acceleration.

i see the top 30 days later. and i see a big contraction taking place w/a major top the end of march. then a larger correction

skid- qe serves alot of purposes. inflate or die!

dharma

Since early november everything is out of whack

I dumped all my dogs on ups and bought new miners

on downs

I now got all of them outperforming the HUI except for Aura Minerals which has not made up its mind

yet

I think we either stay in the trendchannel below about 1420 or we break to a new ath .

Next 4 weeks will tell .

I am 95% in, no margin, and all the shares I track are doing worse then the ones I have :angry:

One of these days my silver mining plays might perform like spot silver or at least try to catch up. Can't really complain to much as they are moving in the right direction. If any of them have short term hedges on then they are going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed tomorrow. With this run up in silver, share price might give an indication if some silver miners placed the wrong bets on future production or didn't bet at all.

marc faber

http://www.shtfplan.com/marc-faber/marc-faber-on-inflation-stock-markets-gold-real-estate-and-the-end-game_02222011

the gdxj has made what looks like an inverse h&s pattern on the hourly charts. we are just about finished w/this correction. the pullback did not give much ground. the shorts are going to be fighting for their lives.

dharma

Take a look at the Baltic Dry Index compared to rising commodity prices. Combined with housing prices, you can see why the double short bear funds were the big gainers Friday. Plenty of shale and sands oil available just will cost an arm and a leg to process it. Anyway looks like the regular markets are about to correct in the near future with the metals sector going down in sympathy or it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

With the exchanges house being sold off, you can see the hub of activity is moving on, leaving the US to wallow in its own debt and manipulators going elsewhere to ply their trade. Going to eventually need another round of QE to forestall the inevitable or the end will come to swiftly in a violent uprising. Five $ gas will piss everyone off and kill what's left of the economy beside food costs.

Take a look at the Baltic Dry Index compared to rising commodity prices. Combined with housing prices, you can see why the double short bear funds were the big gainers Friday. Plenty of shale and sands oil available just will cost an arm and a leg to process it. Anyway looks like the regular markets are about to correct in the near future with the metals sector going down in sympathy or it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

With the exchanges house being sold off, you can see the hub of activity is moving on, leaving the US to wallow in its own debt and manipulators going elsewhere to ply their trade. Going to eventually need another round of QE to forestall the inevitable or the end will come to swiftly in a violent uprising. Five $ gas will piss everyone off and kill what's left of the economy beside food costs.

I got 8.3 $ gas right now

And I have a dozen things worse then that ahead of the gas prise

Water purchase price

Used water tax

Cost of HAVING a phone (like 60$ a month and I am not talking about using it )

Cost of Health insurance 1500 $ a year

Cost of House insurance

Cost of Car insurance 1533 $ and I am in the lowest category not having had an accident of my fault in more then 20 years

Cost of heating the house

Cost of taxes on the house

Cost of bread and vegetables

But above all government declared inflation 3.8%

Reality 8-10%

Got Gold ?

Archived