Monthly Digger - February 2011

charms- fwiww, in bull market i operate long term . and i give the benefit of the doubt to the upside. i have done some poor buys, and here it is years later and they up over 200%. time is on the side of the bulls

everyone , even marc faber is calling for a gold correct to 1100-1200, my guess is a bunch of anal cysts got out and want back in.

i do think that we get to those kind of #s , but i am looking for a new high 1st

we shall see

as for gold confiscation , its a very sensitive area for americans. monty guild posted on sinclairs site, 2days ago, that he is concerned about the possibility. get your gold out of the country he warns. time will tell, its a concern for me as well.

dharma

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

charms- fwiww, in bull market i operate long term . and i give the benefit of the doubt to the upside. i have done some poor buys, and here it is years later and they up over 200%. time is on the side of the bulls

everyone , even marc faber is calling for a gold correct to 1100-1200, my guess is a bunch of anal cysts got out and want back in.

i do think that we get to those kind of #s , but i am looking for a new high 1st

we shall see

as for gold confiscation , its a very sensitive area for americans. monty guild posted on sinclairs site, 2days ago, that he is concerned about the possibility. get your gold out of the country he warns. time will tell, its a concern for me as well.

dharma

I suspect if I live a few more years that we will see gold over $2000 an ounce. It's the sentiment and timing in between that causes the disruptions. I'll be here to witness it in any event.

Interesting rant from Mogambo Guru-

http://dailyreckoning.com/losing-faith-in-paper-money/

....The part that saved me from denouncing JP Morgan is when he went on that “Whilst JP Morgan is pleased to now to accept physical gold as collateral for credit, it will NOT ACCEPT equivalent value (or any value) of shares in its own gold ETF in lieu thereof.”....

dharma

Hi Dharma,

Last year around this time I believe that we all had a conversation about confiscation, and at that time, I think I recall you mentioning that you thought things would play out differently this time (w.r.t confiscation) and that this was not as big a concern.

What has changed your mind in a year since then?

This morning I came across this Red Alert about Confiscation

TIA

dharma

Hi Dharma,

Last year around this time I believe that we all had a conversation about confiscation, and at that time, I think I recall you mentioning that you thought things would play out differently this time (w.r.t confiscation) and that this was not as big a concern.

What has changed your mind in a year since then?

This morning I came across this Red Alert about Confiscation

TIA

I guess its a good thing that I'm in Canada at least according to this article. I just don't see how the US Government could confiscate gold. When China allows their citizens to own gold. How would the American people stand for that? I think there would be some kind of a revolt.

Dan Norcini made his own site with more daily comments and charts. For free, he seems to call the best short term targets.

We will start with the grey metal – attempting to describe what is occurring with silver is like attempting to describe a sunset over the Pacific – it is breathtaking. This market is blowing through upside resistance levels as if they did not exist. I cannot confirm this as of yet because the open interest is not currently reflecting it, but this has all the look and smell of a large short in some very serious trouble with a pack of wolves slashing at its throat. The sheer speed and angle of its ascent is indicative of a panic among the short sellers. Apparently some large entities are going for the jugular here and from the looks of it, they have succeeded. This might indeed be the very long awaited Commercial Signal Failure that some have been predicting for many years now. We will know shortly if that is indeed the case. If so, this market will go vertical. One thing that happens when a large short or number of short sellers end up getting trapped - they are all desperate to get out and will pounce on any offers that might hit the pit that are large enough in size for them to exit as many contracts as possible in the shortest time possible. When the sharks see that, they begin to compete with the shorts and will go for the bids also, forcing the price higher and making it more and more difficult for the shorts to extract themselves from their losing positions without having to pay up. Simply put – the pit takes no prisoners and there are no such things as friends in the pit. It is a ruthless business.

Archived