2010,A disaster for bears......

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

December 27 – Bloomberg (David Altaner): “U.S. health-insurance costs are rising more quickly than the ability of U.S. families to pay and the gap is widening, according to the Commonwealth Fund. …private-insurance premiums for families rose three times faster than median household income over six years… Deductibles… rose almost five times faster, the fund said. ‘Families are being priced out of the market,’ said Cathy Schoen, an economist with the fund… ‘The consequences are less adequate insurance coverage, costlier insurance coverage, higher rates of no coverage and growing stress on the family.’”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-27/u-s-health-premiums-outstrip-income-gains-chart-of-the-day.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 30 – Bond Buyer (Caitlin Devitt): “Indiana cities would be allowed to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection under a bill touted by Republican Gov. Mitch Daniels. Daniels this week called the measure - Senate Bill 150 - a ‘useful mechanism’ for helping fiscally stressed cities that would help provide clarity on the topic of municipal bankruptcy.”

http://www.bondbuyer.com/issues/119_498/indiana-chapter-9-1021621-1.html

A Major Top Is Unlikely Soon

There's widespread optimism that the rally of the past few months will continue. While such a consensus is often a warning sign, it seems that the positive outlook is merited.

Barrons:

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424052970203583104576046292255018186.html?mod=BOL_hpp_dc

That means a top is not likely

I am sure these are completely mutually exclusive events (same state 125miles apart) - seriously WTF?

Mystery of 1,000 falling birds in Arkansas

Massive fish kill blankets Arkansas river

:huh:

Space aliens?

Project HARP?

Some sort of military sonic testing - is there a substantial military base in between the 125 miles separating the two events?

:huh:

Space aliens?

Project HARP?

Some sort of military sonic testing - is there a substantial military base in between the 125 miles separating the two events?

Project HARP? This is the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the birds but I believe that is in the NorthWest. Not sure what to think about the fish. Waiting for the cow mutilations next :)

Good article - go read it

http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=9053

2011 – THE YEAR OF CATCH-22

As I began to think about what might happen in 2011, the classic Joseph Heller novel Catch 22 kept entering my mind. Am I sane for thinking such a thing, or am I so insane that asking this question proves that I’m too rational to even think such a thing? In the novel, the “Catch 22″ is that “anyone who wants to get out of combat duty isn’t really crazy”. Hence, pilots who request a fitness evaluation are sane, and therefore must fly in combat. At the same time, if an evaluation is not requested by the pilot, he will never receive one (i.e. they can never be found “insane”), meaning he must also fly in combat. Therefore, Catch-22 ensures that no pilot can ever be grounded for being insane – even if he were.

.............Lots of good stuff in between.......

The government’s confidence game is destined to fail due to Catch-22. Will the consensus forecast of a growing economy, rising corporate profits, 10% to 15% stock market gains, 2 million new jobs, and a housing recovery come true in 2011? No it will not. By mid-year confidence in Ben’s master plan will wane. He is trapped in the paradox of Catch-22. When you start hearing about QE3 you’ll know that the gig is up. If Bernanke is foolish enough to propose QE3 you can expect gold, silver and oil to go parabolic. Enjoy 2011. I don’t think Ben Bernanke will.

It's amazing how bullish every freakin idiot is,this guy I think will be wrong on 8 or 9 of these....

But then again i know nothing

Bob Doll, Chief Equity Strategist of BlackRock makes his 10 predictions for 2011:

1. US growth accelerates as US real GDP reaches a new all-time high.

2. The
creates two to three million jobs in 2011 as the unemployment rate falls to 9%.

3. US stocks experience a third year of double-digit percentage returns for the first time in more than a decade as earnings reach a new all-time high.

outperform bonds and cash.

5. The US stock market outperforms the MSCI World Index.

6. The United States, Germany and Brazil outperform Japan, Spain and China.

7. Commodities and emerging market
outperform the US dollar, the euro and the Japanese yen.

8. Strong balance sheets and free cash flow lead to significant increases in dividends, share buybacks, mergers and acquisitions and business reinvestment.

9. Investor capital flows move from bond funds to

10. The 2012 Presidential campaign sees a plethora of Republican candidates while President Obama continues to move to the political center.

Source: BlackRock

http://pragcap.com/10-for-2011

Whenever I see forecasts like this I like to see where they stood on making predictions for '07 and '08. Usually they were bullish in those years too.

Whenever I see forecasts like this I like to see where they stood on making predictions for '07 and '08. Usually they were bullish in those years too.

not me.

i don't think one's ability to predict any one year gives them any better or worse chance to predict another.

i would rather just read them all without paying any attention to who writes it.

to me the most important part is the idea - not who wrote it.

i read 'em all - and then come up with my own hair-brained ideas - so far so good

Archived