Monthly Digger - December 2010

First post. Lurking here for 8 years. Feels kind of strange since I know all you guys well. I'm in Florida, same county as Doc. I'm a Forensic metallurgist, specializing in Turbine engines.

Anyway, I was a the San Francisco Hard Asset conference last week. Thought some folks here may be investing in Sandspring (SSP.V or SSPXF.PK for me in US). I talked with one of the Adams in the Sandspring booth, he said they probably have 6 millions oz. gold up till now. Also mentioned they have Non disclosure agreements with five other large miners. Didn't say what they were interested in. Told him I got in at 1.50. Mentioned the IPO price was 0.70.

While we were talking, some guy in a hurry stepped up to the booth and starting talking how he loved the company, and had 200,000 shares. I asked him if he was Gold Majestic. He gave me a funny look and said "No".

Listened to Rob McEwen talk. He said Gold going to $5000. It was fun to see alot of gold bugs in person.

I'm 100% in miner shares, primarily GORO, LODE, UXG, SSPXF.PK, CHPGF.PK.

GORO is a real monster for me, they just started the mine, and have some great finds. 14 g/ton gold, 2300 g/t silver.

www.Goldresourcecorp.com

http://www.goldresou...010-11-03-1.pdf

-They expect to produce 200,000 oz. year

-The Company has 100% interest in five potential high-grade gold and silver properties in Mexico's southern state of Oaxaca

-cash cost of $249/ounce. CEO said "As we target higher average grade ore and a greater production level in Q4, not only should our bottom line increase, we expect to reduce unit cash cost per ounce" I expect it to go to zero because of all the zinc and silver, in the ore.

- 52,998,303 shares outstanding, zero warrants and zero debt.

-Will pay 1/3 profits in dividends.

Thanks to all you guys/gals over the years, I learned a lot, wish I could contribute more, (slow learner). Guess I'm in the camp, the train is leaving the station in major way. I don't trade much, so holding on tight.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the video for what it's worth. Actually rhodium is the most reflective metal by far but what do you expect from a cartoon?

when I try to play it I get:

This video contains content from Comcast Entertainment Group, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

(I live in Australia)

Are there any other links to it??

First post. Lurking here for 8 years. Feels kind of strange since I know all you guys well. I'm in Florida, same county as Doc. I'm a Forensic metallurgist, specializing in Turbine engines.

Anyway, I was a the San Francisco Hard Asset conference last week. Thought some folks here may be investing in Sandspring (SSP.V or SSPXF.PK for me in US). I talked with one of the Adams in the Sandspring booth, he said they probably have 6 millions oz. gold up till now. Also mentioned they have Non disclosure agreements with five other large miners. Didn't say what they were interested in. Told him I got in at 1.50. Mentioned the IPO price was 0.70.

While we were talking, some guy in a hurry stepped up to the booth and starting talking how he loved the company, and had 200,000 shares. I asked him if he was Gold Majestic. He gave me a funny look and said "No".

Listened to Rob McEwen talk. He said Gold going to $5000. It was fun to see alot of gold bugs in person.

GORO is a real monster for me, they just started the mine, and have some great finds. 14 g/ton gold, 2300 g/t silver.

www.Goldresourcecorp.com

-The Company has 100% interest in five potential high-grade gold and silver properties in Mexico's southern state of Oaxaca

-cash cost of $249/ounce. CEO said "As we target higher average grade ore and a greater production level in Q4, not only should our bottom line increase, we expect to reduce unit cash cost per ounce" I expect it to go to zero because of all the zinc and silver, in the ore.

Thanks to all you guys/gals over the years, I learned a lot, wish I could contribute more, (slow learner). Guess I'm in the camp, the train is leaving the station in major way. I don't trade much, so holding on tight.

When I think of Gold Majestic I think of EXK

and it never ceases to amaze me how many precious metals stocks I find out for the first time reading here. GORO is now on my list

www.Goldresourcecorp.com

Nice to see a new old face. B) I'm on board that Sandspring train, having looked into it back when GM first mentioned it. I traded in and out of it and concluded it was probably just about the worst I ever traded a stock, invariably being wrong. So, a month or two ago I decided to buy it and just forget about it. It can be illiquid with a big spread and when it moves, it moves fast. Kind of like CHPGF in that regard. Aside from CHPGF, I'm still on board another of GM's picks from way back, Candente Copper. I'll stay long there until it is bought out. I expect at least a double from here.

With recent gains, SLW has become my largest position. Someone asked, I like GPRLF. I think you could throw a dart at about 10 or so junior silvers and do very well. If I had a time machine, I'd be setting it for late October 2008. I did what I could, which was modest, but you always wish you could have done more. I still hold certificated positions I took on then in First Majestic, Sabina, and Bear Creek. What an opportunity that was! The market was insane. SLW was under $3. I guess people really did think the world would end. :lol:

nice to see ya skid. and if everyone remembers gm gave a back the truck up announcement @the 08 lows. i do my own work and i also did what i could back then. fortunately, i have stayed in touch w/gm and agent.

if you remember although mgn has lots of ifs and problems. if they ever get the montana permits , that could also be a big winner.

dharma

New GORO presentation with grade and dividend comparisons.

http://www.goldresou...any/player.html

You have to read an actual report or filing to get a feel for what a company is made up of.

They only lost like 35 million last year. Major financing comes for some London based share holder having 25% of shares outstanding. Claim they can't afford a filing to confirm their reserves.

They started producing a little but can't refine it to purity and have to send it outside the company if I read that correctly. The special dividend is a nice touch, more than likely temporary. Current producing life of mine is eight years.

Don't get me wrong, they are producing but I think they are overpriced on a fundamental basis. On mob mentality charting probably a good play. Maybe they strike it rich [vain(s)] or not but looks like they have to tunnel for the main stuff, years away.

post-1024-12918730936952.jpg

I suspect a 4th wave down sometime in the future with a correction lasting a year (plus or minus a few months) so I look for miners already established with no debt right now, at least for my core holdings. Everything else I consider a long shot to be sold on a blow off in the sector (always happens) and profit taking on cores back to around recent pricing as that will leave the earlier entries as core holdings, hoping a 4th wave correction not likely to revisited this price area again. If it does, I'll have cash to reload or buy lower anyway.

Today's action looks like typical 1st week of December action which usually leads to a sell off the rest of the month but new or old buyers looking to purchase at these levels which weren't interested in the years before. So, Norcini *that guy is good* says watch to see if these levels hold as a signal to buy back in. Contrary to previous years' action.

Archived