1173 decides the fate of the world

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold about 10 or 12% of my muni portfolio into the bounce here.Made about .5% on what I sold not counting accrued interest.Will lighten further if bonds rally.....Got a few positions I will probably be stuck with for quite a while but i will just collect the coupons I guess.

I still think TYX prints LOW 3'S in the next 3-6 months,even though nobody seems to agree with me..... :unsure:

Assuming a Urope melt-down/clash of epic proportion in Q1 2011, and then a massive scramble by 4-in money into US trasheries....

....just whyTF does the Fed need to spend $600B buying UST from banksta's

The Treasury is going to have almost limitless demand....at least for awhile

Better they save the $600B for a later date...

....as if that matters....

Cue Hankster's 3 "pershent"

Assuming a Urope melt-down/clash of epic proportion in Q1 2011, and then a massive scramble by 4-in money into US trasheries....

....just whyTF does the Fed need to spend $600B buying UST from banksta's

The Treasury is going to have almost limitless demand....at least for awhile

Better they save the $600B for a later date...

....as if that matters....

Cue Hankster's 3 "pershent"

Could yield even lower if we follow Japan....although I could be dead wrong.But I will say the next "crash" in stocks will keep the the "investor" out of stocks for another 5 or 10 years.That could potentially give the long end a huge rally,and stupid low yields on an extended panic driven move from stocks to bonds.

Let's face it,for the most part the "inflation" we are seeing is just speculators pumping commodities,once those charts break we just go into a deflationary spiral and massive De-leveraging.

There is no "real" demand for pretty much anything right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3CBdLfGqw

I say, who am I to blow against the wind?

Democrats and Republicans alike are pressing for the GSEs to return to solvency and repay taxpayer funds.

“We need to pursue all available legal claims to limit the losses to taxpayers,” said Representative Brad Miller, a North Carolina Democrat who serves on the House Financial Services Committee.

The GSEs should get what they’re owed and leave it to regulators to take action later if buybacks cause problems for banks, said Phillip Swagel, a former assistant Treasury secretary under President George W. Bush

“It’s better to uncover everything and for people to face up to their obligations,” Swagel said.

Archived