Monthly Digger - November 2010

Dharma, I think you had mentioned VGQ, Virginia Gold Mines a few months back. I was looking at it today and see they just had a news release a couple of days ago. I can't figure out why they had a pp flow through shares at $12.50 a 71% premium over the share price? Do you know anything about this? TIA

sorry i dont, it is making a large pennant

looking for some giddyap over the next couple of months.

jimmys 1650 is going to prove to be too conservative

dharma

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People will pay the premium b/c of the tax advantage, in Canada, gained from Flow Through shares

Flow Through Shares

Flow-through shares are the best kept secret of investing and tax management in Canada. For example, if you buy $10,000 in flow through shares the entire amount is tax deductible which would result in a reduction of your taxes....

People will pay the premium b/c of the tax advantage, in Canada, gained from Flow Through shares

Flow Through Shares

Flow-through shares are the best kept secret of investing and tax management in Canada. For example, if you buy $10,000 in flow through shares the entire amount is tax deductible which would result in a reduction of your taxes....

Thanks KnowsNothing, that explains it.

wow

didn't know this one existed till this week

SVM

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartLib/SVM_11_04_17_16_1288905362.png

I also didn't see till tonight that GSS is on the canslim.net leaders list

http://www.canslim.net/

Pardon my masturbatory backpatting here. You can't rely on the long-term US chart. SVM used to be the symbol for ServiceMaster. The Canadian chart shows this for the all-time high that it is.

Well, we lived to see the breakout on the major PM stock indices. I can't get any longer than I am. But I'm still looking over my shoulder, kind of paranoid, and expecting to get my face slammed into the concrete again. Half a decade of shanks will do that to a guy.

post-2047-12889090043704.gif

Pardon my masturbatory backpatting here. You can't rely on the long-term US chart. SVM used to be the symbol for ServiceMaster. The Canadian chart shows this for the all-time high that it is.

Well, we lived to see the breakout on the major PM stock indices. I can't get any longer than I am. But I'm still looking over my shoulder, kind of paranoid, and expecting to get my face slammed into the concrete again. Half a decade of shanks will do that to a guy.

post-2047-12889090043704.gif

You are the man

This could go on for weeks with mini pullbacks as Sinclair was pointing out people are more interested in the McRib than price of gold. The buyers today will be selling to the late entries later in the run up before a correction occurs and that correction should be short and wild then a continuation on up. Pretty much riding Armstrong's mid term projections. Norcini keeps pointing out today's commodities' future prices will arrive on the shelves quickly, that should rattle the natives.

I'm 90% in shares enjoying the ride looking to buy a few laggers to pass the time. Wanted to add NG but I missed the short ride down and then quickly back up. Over loaded with HL so could take some profits anytime. Placed 5 bets that it could run to $10 by January '12, might do it in the next couple of weeks.

Private Skidmark,

I should have said I appreciate your insight into the gold sector. Lord knows I haven't got a clue about such things.

and I appreciate everyone here - sticking with it month after month.

and for those who are silent keys.

Thanks, Charmin. In all seriousness, I learned most all what I can bring to bear in the sector from the great TA minds here and at IDS. I also like to re-read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator at least yearly. Human nature is the constant. This is about being tenacious, not letting go until that day comes, and buying into the face of fear at each opportunity.

I think most people, self included, would be best served by taking certificated positions. In my experience, getting the funds out of your brokerage account totally removes the temptation of trading yourself out of your position at every little bump in the road and will keep you in for the big moves to come.

Further, where we're headed, while far higher, will be increasingly volatile and very difficult to trade for all but the greatest traders. In my experience, knowing one's own limitations is a key to trading success. I know I'm not in that class of traders and that certificates work for me, not for the whole portfolio but the largest part of it. If you're that kind of world-class trader, you can profitably trade any market and what is to come will not present a unique opportunity for you, for you opportunity is everywhere. But for the less skilled, such as myself, who at least have tenaciousness, I expect it will prove life-changing.

Thanks, Charmin. In all seriousness, I learned most all what I can bring to bear in the sector from the great TA minds here and at IDS. I also like to re-read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator at least yearly. Human nature is the constant. This is about being tenacious, not letting go until that day comes, and buying into the face of fear at each opportunity.

I think most people, self included, would be best served by taking certificated positions. In my experience, getting the funds out of your brokerage account totally removes the temptation of trading yourself out of your position at every little bump in the road and will keep you in for the big moves to come.

Further, where we're headed, while far higher, will be increasingly volatile and very difficult to trade for all but the greatest traders. In my experience, knowing one's own limitations is a key to trading success. I know I'm not in that class of traders and that certificates work for me, not for the whole portfolio but the largest part of it. If you're that kind of world-class trader, you can profitably trade any market and what is to come will not present a unique opportunity for you, for you opportunity is everywhere. But for the less skilled, such as myself, who at least have tenaciousness, I expect it will prove life-changing.

skid, these are wise words, in 79 every time i sold, i had to buy back @higher prices. we are in verticality here. take a look . put it on a monthly chart. i only sell laggards. and rotate. i am 99% long and holding. 1392 is resistance, then 1400 and 1409

we are going alot higher here. jimmys 1650 by jan will prove conservative

dharma

Archived