Monthly Digger - November 2010

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last week it feels like the pendulum gathered momentum. It could be that everyone believes the dollar is heading straight to 70. It definitely deserves to break the 2008 lows - in my opinion.

Let gold and the miners sail.

1358 breaks into the next price cycle. imho the market is showing its intentions here. all the corrections since the july lows have been short in duration. and there have been over a dozen of em. all in all it was a near vertical move. but w/ over a dozen corrections. the top of the gold harmonic occurred and we went down to 1325 which is support and now the market broke through to the next cycle.

want to be cautious then wait for another close above 1358. corrections in gold have been much longer in duration then the present correction to 1325 i am guessing that the length of the harmonic remains the same , but the correction time of the harmonic is much shorter. in other words, we are about to accelerate. take a look @the long term chart of hui. study it. since the 08 lows the market has made a consolidation for a huge up move. it would not surprise me in the least to see 850 by feb 11.

darn dharma, you have gone off the deep end on that one!

perhaps but the pattern is unmistakable and so is the projection.

the problem w/studying charts is you can see what happens but the knowledge of what it felt like @that time is unknown. we are @400 gold here sept 79 and we are about to near double in price over these next couple of months . jimmys 1650, while bold , is quite conservative. buffet is not a genius , he has studied the power of the trend. and for gold the trend is fairly established (10years or so) and about to accelerate. in holland , back when tulip bulbs were the craze they sold for unbelievable prices as did the nasdaq in 2k . we are talking about human nature here. its what the markets reflect and the species is about to wake up to the fact that they can print as much currency as they want. it has no intrinsic value , only the value folks put on it.

gold is finite. and the elephants in the room , the cbs, are no longer selling they are net buyers.

that guy in england who sold their heirloom of generations @the bottom of the gold market, is now running the country. what does that say for the species?

anyway, just my thoughts for the day

zulaf on barrons http://pragcap.com/felix-zulauf-qe-work-markets-fall-recognized

dharma

i am expecting a rocket launch sometime this month

oryx- what is amazing to me is these guys come into office cause severe damage, leave , and then someone from the same party does the same thing all over again. over here we had nixon, reagan, bush 1, and w. and now the republicans will gain seats again. and so it goes

dharma

i am expecting a rocket launch sometime this month

oryx- what is amazing to me is these guys come into office cause severe damage, leave , and then someone from the same party does the same thing all over again. over here we had nixon, reagan, bush 1, and w. and now the republicans will gain seats again. and so it goes

dharma

Too true - what is amazing here, is that Brown was Chancellor for 10 years, wrecked the public finances, sold half the country's gold at $220, and then they make him Prime Minister. 13 years of Labour have been a disaster for this country

Too true - what is amazing here, is that Brown was Chancellor for 10 years, wrecked the public finances, sold half the country's gold at $220, and then they make him Prime Minister. 13 years of Labour have been a disaster for this country

i am afraid time, corruption, and greed has caught up w/the west. looks like the power/wealth will be shifting to the east. i hope that the gold that usa is supposed to have is really there. i have my doubts

dharma

My brokerage (USAA) is trying to warn me about new reporting laws for cost basis at time of sale (1099?) beginning in the new year. They are not really to clear on it themselves but I guess it is because it is a new law.

I could see where converting Certs. back and eventually selling them, your brokerage would need a cost basis to report and inherited/held Certs. that are like say 10 years old might be problem on costs basis reporting without knowing the original purchase price of the lots.[...It's important to note that the new cost basis rules only apply to shares and investments purchased after the effective dates. Taxpayers will still be responsible for accurately tracking the basis of investments purchased earlier and reporting their realized gains and losses to the IRS.]

Soon every move you make financially can be reported voluntarily including store purchases besides the mandatory reporting thresholds. Doubt any new or old Congress is going to do anything about it.

post-1024-12887283038747.gif

ok so plan B seems to be unfolding. i will put the rest of my cash to work on Dover Sole and diverging on the hourly charts. xau/hui/gld.

i have stated for years that i didnt think silver would take out the 80 highs. well if someone can post , anyone, a long term chart of silver going back to 1980 . the large, very large cup is apparent. i now think this will make new highs.

the 17-18th are turn dates for me but also fibonocci dates. dont know how this all shakes out in the short term , i am looking for a significant move to the upside. i am guessing that the 1315 gets taken out here. wouldnt that scare some newbies. in this market , until we go into the parabolic, chasing price guarantees you some hard knocks.

dharma

One of the juniors I track made a 20% slow stoch this afternoon and I toke a 1/3 position

From now on I will be in buying mode for my next minicycle

My first timewindow for a low in gold is next week

whoever it was that said the fed is an engine of inflation is spot on. i would not be surprised to see some countries drop their dollar peg-eg: hong kong, singapore

silver new highs , gold not

slv new highs, gld not

gdxj new highs, gdx/hui/xau not

so this picture is saying the most speculative sectors of this complex are frothy. the rest not so much

i am watching and waiting.

go ahead venture a guess.

ok we correct in here till mid month or so.

then blast off

buy the cats and dogs here and watch them run

that game will end shortly

sinclair after the fed announcement on king world news

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/11/3_Jim_Sinclair_-_Gold_Bottomed%2C_Dollar_Index_Headed_to_56.html

dharma

2ugcson.png

ok so plan B seems to be unfolding. i will put the rest of my cash to work on Dover Sole and diverging on the hourly charts. xau/hui/gld.

i have stated for years that i didnt think silver would take out the 80 highs. well if someone can post , anyone, a long term chart of silver going back to 1980 . the large, very large cup is apparent. i now think this will make new highs.

the 17-18th are turn dates for me but also fibonocci dates. dont know how this all shakes out in the short term , i am looking for a significant move to the upside. i am guessing that the 1315 gets taken out here. wouldnt that scare some newbies. in this market , until we go into the parabolic, chasing price guarantees you some hard knocks.

dharma

Dharma, I think you had mentioned VGQ, Virginia Gold Mines a few months back. I was looking at it today and see they just had a news release a couple of days ago. I can't figure out why they had a pp flow through shares at $12.50 a 71% premium over the share price? Do you know anything about this? TIA

Archived