Monthly Digger - October 2010

i am seeing more of the public waking up to the reality of the present situation. they are chomping @the bit to buy. what #brings em in?! my guess and feeling is that 1400s get taken out before this leg tops. and then they promptly get taken to the woodshed.

its fairly obvious that competitive devaluations are a reality. the race to 0 is in progress.

bob hoye some consider an excellent technician. however the piece he includes by art cashin is well worth the read

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/hoye/hoye101610.pdf

martin armstrongs latest

http://www.martinarmstrong.org/files/Nice%20Try%20but%20No%20Cigar%2010-9-2010.pdf

i am 90% invested and i am likely to remain here unless a darling gets taken behind the woodshed

dharma

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks to me like this leg is finished, we crashed through some important gann angles on my hourly charts.

186 hui on the daily chart is where the angles come in again. this leg was very instructive its a prelude to phase 3. i think the moves will be larger in phase 3 , but corrections, like this wave will be short in time and steep in price

i have taken out my buy hat, but i havent put it on.

anyone have pedimont! they got taken out.

dharma

good job ageka!

Dharma,

Just checking, you mean XAU 186?

Best,

BB

looks to me like this leg is finished, we crashed through some important gann angles on my hourly charts.

186 hui on the daily chart is where the angles come in again. this leg was very instructive its a prelude to phase 3. i think the moves will be larger in phase 3 , but corrections, like this wave will be short in time and steep in price

i have taken out my buy hat, but i havent put it on.

anyone have pedimont! they got taken out.

dharma

good job ageka!

so yesterday was a shakeout, hopefully no one sold the lows. which shakeouts are designed to do. 1325 is support and a death zone for this cycle, its possibull that it could be the low. more of the same for this pattern. short sharp shakeouts. i am assuming that the 14th was the highs, and that a larger correction will develop. i will see ,using that assumption, if i am in tune w/the market or not and make the necessary adjustments. i have cash to redeploy. if 1325 holds then i still should get an opportunity to buy, if not , then i will buy into my zone. we do have hourly divergences on hui , but not xau.

dharma

i still see alot of the public waiting to enter this market. will the market accommodate them w/lower prices or will they have to pay up?!

sinclair was interviewed by eric king yesterday

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/10/19_Jim_Sinclair_-_Brief_Period_of_Victory_for_Bubble_Callers.html

1325 is support, divergences in hui from Dover Sole, xau not as far down as hui which is a divergence, i am buying this am , right here right now. somehow, i dont think this leg is finished yet. since the july low there have been more than a dozen corrections. all short in time. i suspect that in retrospect this one will be no different.

dharma

Was 10% cash now 15%. Looks like a dead cat bounce yesterday in miners. It was a nice run beginning around Aug. 1st. Probably recheck the recent spot highs near the end of Nov. Was hoping for consolidation at higher levels but it's to volatile for that.

Staying near 80% in stocks just in case the miners come unhinged. To soon for bottoming action in this sector could be weeks away. A few miners always off doing their own thing.

Thanks, Whadda. I doubt rates get that much lower, but having thought about it I don't know that I want the cash flow tied up in a monthly payment and the down payment money tied up at this juncture, when I'd rather pick up more PM stocks/PMs. I don't expect RE prices to increase materially any time soon other than perhaps due to dollar destruction, but far less than PMs would increase in any case. Also having thought more, I may just prefer renting. After we experience the mania phase, perhaps I'll think differently.

Archived