Monthly Digger - October 2010

For the past ten years I have bought back all corrections too

early and only about 10-15% down for the miners

I have 21% cash now and no violent urge to buy . I stiffled

any buying urge when I saw the strong miners vs the weak this morning .

Timewise I think the correction is going to last past mid november and 1257 looks the first nice fibo on my charts.

So I plan to sell some more at the first real bounce since

I still got chronical underperformers like yamana

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the past ten years I have bought back all corrections too

early and only about 10-15% down for the miners

I have 21% cash now and no violent urge to buy . I stiffled

any buying urge when I saw the strong miners vs the weak this morning .

Timewise I think the correction is going to last past mid november and 1257 looks the first nice fibo on my charts.

So I plan to sell some more at the first real bounce since

I still got chronical underperformers like yamana

yes, i have seen that possibility too. after all so far the top was the 14th.

i have auy too, and i am starting to get itchy fingers

dharma

If YRI ever reclaimed its high from the 90s, that would be quite a run. Looking unlikely. Especially now that it has many more shares outstanding. But my position is certificated and I'll just hold it. At some point into the mania I'm sure it will get attention. All these companies will be printing money. I'm confident it makes it to at least $50-60.

post-2047-1287762962155.gif

I am sure YRI will do well

But I am leaving all stocks that underperform HUI behind me

I sold AU and HMY and Drooy and K and now it is the turn of

YRI and then MFN

Bought some Aurizon today at 9% discount :rolleyes:

top 10most undervalued gold stocks

http://seekingalpha.com/article/231602-top-10-most-undervalued-gold-stocks?source=yahoo

i am adding this

from a chinese professor

carl swerlin on gold sentiment

http://blogs.decisionpoint.com/chart_spotlight/2010/10/gold-sentiment-turns-slightly-bearish.html

there were many, imho, pertinent points made on this forum concerning golds rise, most were made by gm. however , greg weldon makes quite pertinent list

of factors today

have a listen

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/10/23_Gold_%26_Silver_Report_-_Greg_Weldon.html

dharma

Last year about this time frame, spot topped mid Oct. then corrected for about only two weeks and ran pretty much the entire month of Nov. until the 1st week in Dec.

With another round of QE in the works I might buy back beginning of Nov. and not wait the four or five weeks from the recent topping. Gotta get past the end of the month shenanigans.

the drill in bulls, is buy weakness and sell strength. i am a gann guy and included in that is cycles.this got Dover Sole on my hourlies and diverged. if you look@the july lows, there have been @least 12 corrections on this steep ascent. i am not sure if this is just another one, or it gets more complex. i am 2%in cash , i shot and will now deliberate if i sell what i bought into fib resistance or i just stuff this into the core. in any case, i will give this a little time to decide.1460 beckons, and my sense is the public is about to make the leap over 1400. they could really give the market a boost. sentiment remains subdued.

all this talk of qe2 is idle chatter. the professor was put in to print and print he will . the question to my mind is to what extant ? the patient needs a bigger dose than tarp. he needs more . more and more.

dharma

Archived