Monthly Digger - October 2010

Maybe fundamentals trump TA.

Wonder when silver miners get a fire going underneath them. The next quarterly report for HL could help since nothing else is making a difference right now.

It is not possible the higher ups didn't know about the mortgage fraud now going mainstream. Congress is made up of lawyers our president is a lawyer. It's like all part of the plan. To settle fraudulent mortgage investment debts and the ensuing lack of confidence in the US$ mainly based on the lack of rule-of-law which is far worse than a default you give Red China about 20 US States, Euroland 10, Russia 5, Japan.......

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

breaking 1358 puts 1460in play. now, i am not saying 1460 is the target, i am saying it puts it in play. which means that 1460 is the death zone for this price cycle. the theory is that previous highs and lows act as the moon does on the tides, pulling and pushing the market. and based on the 253 low for gold, these #vibrations become highlighted. or act as magnets for the market. so here we are into the run!

its a lesson for me, a reminder that when the market is into the run, it will do more than expected.

new forever highs in xau. miners on a breakout. will be very interesting to see what happens from here. do the miners ketchup? what will they do?

dharma

I've been holding full long, exactly because I don't know what they'll do in the short term. I only know where they're going. I actually wish we would get a nice correction here because, having liquidated a large number of possessions, I've got some dry powder and I want to attack.

today ted truman wrote a piece in the ft, on why the us government should sell its gold

here is jim rickards response, the whole piece is well worth the read

excerpt:

And that is the point. Ted Truman is not a fringe figure or a minor intellectual; he is a giant in the field. He is not just close to the establishment. He is the establishment. An op-ed by Truman appearing one day after the IMF semi-annual meeting ended with no effective solutions on the currency wars is no coincidence. It is a metaphorical Message to Garcia, to the gold insurgents, from the President and the powers that be. It is price suppression without having to engage in actual sales. It is a warning to gold bugs that they may get crushed. It is meant to induce fear into those newly interested in gold that it’s a rough game with no holds barred. It is a show of bravado by the fiat money crowd. But it is also a sign of desperation; the last gasp of the ancien régime of fiat money. If a smart guy like Ted Truman is reduced to the old canard about gold being good only for hanging around your neck, then what else is there to say? The intellectual opponents of gold are now as exhausted as the mines.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN...ney_Regime.html

dharma

game on!

Wheels coming off the cart that carries the US$, chart is kinda scary. Gold resting. Silver continues its run.

Silver is out of its short term channel after clearing $24. Blow off? Not if it's playing catchup to a historical gold/silver ratio.

Maybe just maybe a good payday tomorrow in miners. Regular markets usually launch when dollars are looking to better themselves. Strange but true.

did i mention , when silver leads, it is indicative of a more speculative trend. gold is held by cbs. silver, to my knowledge, is not. when we are in the final topping pattern , you will want to sell your silver 1st. there were many locked limit down days. this trend is a mini version of what is to come. 1392 is the next resistance. the angle of ascent is unsustainable, but that is not the point. its instructive. @some #, and i dont know what that it is , the impatient public jumps in and that will lead to the end of this move. and that is the point of this move, to suck as many impatient watchers into being participants. then you have fodder for the decline. because they will cough it up

if the broads dont top w/the metal, then it is possible that the miners continue catching up to the metal. if the broads top, that will not be a lucrative bet! it would be encouraging to see more folks getting short. here not one of the fobes 400 made their $$$ by shorting a bull market. but, when this leg tops, the bulls will be brought behind the woodshed. happens every time.

notice how in this leg , when there are corrections, they are short in time. scary in price , but the market resumes its upside assault. this is a preview of phase 3. its how it happens. its the nature of the beast. the difference w/gold is , gold has the ultimate story. it is and has always been money. (except since 71 ) and when it gets some mo jo , there is no fever like gold fever. happens periodically. and will be happening again. sooner than you think.

dharma

Archived